Ages

[Mo...]

I’ve had a curiosity for a little bit, and I hope it’s not too personal. I get the sense I’m on the low end of the average user age here, being 25 years old. If anyone else is comfortable sharing, how old are you guys?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [ga...]

• [Ol...]

• [be...]

I’ve had a curiosity for a little bit, and I hope it’s not too personal. I get the sense I’m on the low end of the average user age here, being 25 years old. If anyone else is comfortable sharing, how old are you guys?

I'm 62 and it sux >:(

I've noticed that most members are in the higher age bracket.

I think that's because:

1. It's easier for a young person to get off benzo's, the receptors / neurons heal faster when young.

2. Benzo's are less prescribed than 30 years ago, in many countries GP's are instructed to try SSRI's and CBT first for anxiety and panic disorders. Benzo's are no longer 'mommy's little helper'. When you look at the ages in SSRI withdrawal, those tend to be younger.

I've noticed that most members are in the higher age bracket.

I think that's because:

1. It's easier for a young person to get off benzo's, the receptors / neurons heal faster when young.

2. Benzo's are less prescribed than 30 years ago, in many countries GP's are instructed to try SSRI's and CBT first for anxiety and panic disorders. Benzo's are no longer 'mommy's little helper'. When you look at the ages in SSRI withdrawal, those tend to be younger.

I agree, lot's of dr's won't prescribe a benzo at all anymore, gosh I wish my Dr had been one of them!

I was so stoked when my provider gave them to me so easily. I wish I could go back in time!!!!  :brickwall:

Oh OliveKitty, I wish I could go with you....... I hate hindsight  :tickedoff:

Me too Mary, I wish we all could! Now I just do my best to warn other people about it, and if they get a benzo prescribed I make sure they are fully informed of the risks. I have saved a few people already!

Hey Mary I love your avatar! Is that kitty smoking a joint?? Mine is my kitty GG in a Business Catual bowtie  :laugh:

Me too Mary, I wish we all could! Now I just do my best to warn other people about it, and if they get a benzo prescribed I make sure they are fully informed of the risks. I have saved a few people already!

Hey Mary I love your avatar! Is that kitty smoking a joint?? Mine is my kitty GG in a Business Catual bowtie  :laugh:

Lol, it is cute...I guess if you smoke pot, it's a joint, if u smoke cigarettes.....you get the idea ;D

A different doctor at the clinic where I was given K recently told me they don't prescribe it anymore because it is so hard to withdraw from, but I noticed if you already have a script for K they will still fill it.  Go figure!!

I keep wondering that once someone gets started on an SSRI, if their chances of eventually ending up on a benzo are higher. Lots of SSRI's have anxiety as a side effect and....

I know that many GP's and psychiatrists prescribe short acting benzodiazpines like oxazepam to counter the anxiety from the SSRI in the startup phase (4 to 6 weeks), that's enough to get the sensitive person hooked.