Feeling Horrible

[An...]

Hi All

Just here to vent.

Today is six weeks since I jumped from Xanax.  I have had days that were "ok", but overall were still mostly awful.  Yesterday and today I have new symptoms cropping up that I haven't had, which is hard to believe because I feel like I have so many.  I just need some comfort that I can and will heal.

I took Xanax for 2 1/2 years, getting up to 5mg+ a day.  I did a slow taper over 5 months and went down to 2.5mg.  On February 7, 2018 I went into a 4 day detox program where they switched me to Klonopin and tapered until I was released.  I still believe this was kind of fast.  The first two weeks were horrific.  Felt like I had snakes crawling in my head and a million other side effects.

Although some of the worst of it has passed, I'm still in so much pain and so miserable most days.  We had a crew here today unexpectedly to do work on our house and it totally threw me for a loop.  Awful, awful day.  It's only six weeks, but I'm anxious to feel some sense of progress.  I was sick for so long before jumping.

I'm just reaching out for some reassurance that I won't be like this forever. 

Thanks,

Angel

[49...]

I’m so sorry you’re having such a struggle, one I well remember myself.

That’s actually quite a lot of Xanax/Klonopin to be tapered from in only four days, so it’s great that the worst of it seems to be over in less than two months. That may not sound reassuring, but many members have been fairly incapacitated for quite a long time after a detox like that.

The good news is that if you continue to progress at this rate, you’ll be over the benzo horror sooner rather than later.  :thumbsup:

Hi LeslieAsh...

Thank you for your positive input.

The past few days seem to have wiped away most of the progress I made, which I know can happen.  I'm hoping I pull out of it soon.  Fingers crossed.

Anthonyidk....

I am currently not taking any medication at all.  I have moments of anxiety, but I'm so happy to be free of the meds that I think once I get through the worst of this, I will feel like I can survive anything.  I started at a time when I had a lot of stress at work and in my marriage.  I am now retired and my husband has been very supportive.  I just don't want to be suffering horribly every day.  I feel battered by all of this.  I just want my life back so I can enjoy my long-awaited retirement.

Thanks again,

Angel