6 months

[Th...]

Well, it is already 6 months benzo free tomorrow. I did quite slow taper by using Librium and my jump went smoothly. Now after 6 months maybe more than 50% of my wd symptoms have vanished and I still have my annoying symptoms of internal tremor, muscle tension, burning and fatigue. However all of them are less intense that they were 4 months ago. My sleep also went down when I jumped and I slept something like 3-4 hrs broken sleep but now I sleep maybe 6 hrs waking up maybe 1-3 times in the middle so my sleep have improved a lot. I believe I am phase/stage 2 of my recovery at the moment, maybe 30-40% healed and my activity level is something like 20% of pre benzo level.

I have recently started increasing my activities like going out for lunch, going movies, activated my gym membership and going to gym couple of times a week. Do not seek new job at the moment but will give maybe 6-12 months more before thinking it again. However I think that some kind of part time work would speed up recovery but I do not want to push too much.

Congratulations! Looks like you are making a steady progress  :thumbsup:

I am sure you will be fine and even better than before.

Thank you for updating us on your status - this is very important and encouraging for us to see how other people get better.

Best regards,

Stas

Thank you all about your kind words!

Well, something to add to my post; I feel maybe 30-40% healed and my activity level is something like 20% of my pre benzo level so I still have long way to go and need to take this day by day.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful news, Thomas! So happy to read about your progress. And that you started being active. Exercise is so important for mental health. It’s anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties are scientifically proven.

One day at a time, you’re right. There’s no hurry. I think that a part time job would be a good way to start. But this can wait, for sure.

For many of us, jobs are what got us in this mess altogether. Material things cannot replace being healthy. One needs to be healthy in order to enjoy them. Relationships are what matters most in the end.

And that our loved ones have gotten with us through all this BZD ordeal.

Keep up the good job :thumbsup:

Well, it is already 6 months benzo free tomorrow. I did quite slow taper by using Librium and my jump went smoothly. Now after 6 months maybe more than 50% of my wd symptoms have vanished and I still have my annoying symptoms of internal tremor, muscle tension, burning and fatigue. However all of them are less intense that they were 4 months ago. My sleep also went down when I jumped and I slept something like 3-4 hrs broken sleep but now I sleep maybe 6 hrs waking up maybe 1-3 times in the middle so my sleep have improved a lot. I believe I am phase/stage 2 of my recovery at the moment, maybe 30-40% healed and my activity level is something like 20% of pre benzo level.

I have recently started increasing my activities like going out for lunch, going movies, activated my gym membership and going to gym couple of times a week. Do not seek new job at the moment but will give maybe 6-12 months more before thinking it again. However I think that some kind of part time work would speed up recovery but I do not want to push too much.

You are doing fabulous Thomas 66 and your plan for the future sounds so sensible.  I'm looking forward to hearing about your healing and plans as you go :D

My Nice Nordic Neighbor! I'm so happy for you, at last you start to see some light in the tunnel. You are really worth it! :)

My Nice Nordic Neighbor! I'm so happy for you, at last you start to see some light in the tunnel. You are really worth it! :)

Thanks Translator!!  Some of the days are better, some of the days are bad. Still long way to go.