100 days of hell

[Me...]

Today Marks 100 days Benzo free

On 11/06/2017 I turned myself into a detox to come off of lorazepam after being on it for 22 months straight 0.5 mg four times a day not knowing that they didn’t know what they were doing on the 8th of November 2 days later they sent me home with nothing but depakote to prevent seizures I’ve been in hell since that day I left detox.. on 12/12/2017 i got a shot of Valium by the hospital not knowing what was going on I didn’t know I was in complete withdraw and of course every de would tell me I wasn’t... Well of course the shot helped me all my symptoms disappeared.. But man I wish I never got that shot I feel like I been in acute withdrawal since then! And to top it all off I’ve had a total of 5 cipros in January... guys I feel like I’m not gonna make it. My chest hurts bad they tell me it’s costroconditis I’ve had this since beginning of December I have an irregular heart beat my bp is out of control I half to watch what I eat I have severe fatigue my breathing is a struggle.. I’ve seen a cardiologist I’ve had 5 x rays 1 ct scan 7 hospital visits my blood drawn a good 6-7 times everything magically is normal.. my head burns 24/7 today i blacked out idk what to do any more  :'(

So sorry you are going through this. I am praying for you that the pain will stop, the blood pressure will regulate, your breathing will become easier and God give you the strength to be victorious in this journey. I know for a fact that prayer works! Hang in there and know that I am praying.  Keep us posted.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes keep reading find your symptoms others have had and how theywere able to cope journaling helps too sometimes we miss improvement even if it is small,any improvement is success your being able to post shows you are making improvement.. sometimes when my withdrawal was really bad I would cry get it out always prayed and talked it out this really helped me to get through it .. do you have a therapist, or support from a love one to talk with ?

• 2 months later...

I moved your topic to post-withdrawal support. I'm sorry you are struggling. It sounds awful. There are plenty of cold turkey success stories. With regards to the cipro, there are lots of other options with antibiotics if you need them. If the need arises again consider asking your doctor for something not in the fluoroquinolone class.

Take care,

JKS