Benzo free after 20+ years use

[dr...]

This is my third day benzo free. Have very little symptoms post benzo.

My observations during Taper.

1. do not worry about what you eat! I wrote down what I ate daily. Some days after eating a certain food I would seem to have decreased withdrawal symptoms. However a week later eating the same food I noticed NO difference.

2. NOTE coffee did hype me up some days which seemed to increase withdrawal symptoms such as nervousness.

3. Expect withdrawal symptoms to change weekly and daily.

4. vitamins and supplements did not help or improve symptoms at all. However they did have a placebo affect that made me think they helped.

5. After each cut expect increased symptoms.  These symptoms will decrease.

6. Each persons taper will be different.

7. For myself as soon as I cut and felt a decrease in any withdrawal symptom I would cut again.

8. Lingering withdrawal symptoms for me were dizziness, ear ringing, muscle spasms, skin burning. You will notice periods of increased anxiety and nervousness but these will fade for some people.

9. I started benzo for sleep. So if you took benzo for anxiety nervousness you might want to learn how to control your anxiety problem. While tapering.

10. Expect to feel different after taper. such as no longer fog feeling or minor fog feeling and waking up with increased energy. Thoughts become faster and remembering comes back clearer.

11. When new symptoms come understand that it is the healing process.

12. I am very lucky to have symptoms that were bearable. however I had days when I started taper that were terrible. And after cuts.

13. Dont dwell on symptoms

14. Good luck all

[4c...]

Great advice Drake!

Wonderful to hear of a smooth taper from another long term user! It reinforces my suspicion that anything is possible in Alice's wonderland and BB's benzoland. Believe in the impossible and do not give up.

And congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your success story.

Congratulations on being benzo free, and great advice. It's especially encouraging to see long term users succeed ! Way to go! Missy  :thumbsup:

Congratulations! And, and good wishes to you also, Drake! I'll be done soon, after nearly 18 years of relying on benzos for sleep. Good going!

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Congratulations I am exactly you in the k department been on for 23 yrs same dose.  I have been tapering and am down to .125mg and holding. How low did you taper to? to jump off. I have no appetite and anxiety and stomach issues.

This is my third day benzo free. Have very little symptoms post benzo.

My observations during Taper.

1. do not worry about what you eat! I wrote down what I ate daily. Some days after eating a certain food I would seem to have decreased withdrawal symptoms. However a week later eating the same food I noticed NO difference.

2. NOTE coffee did hype me up some days which seemed to increase withdrawal symptoms such as nervousness.

3. Expect withdrawal symptoms to change weekly and daily.

4. vitamins and supplements did not help or improve symptoms at all. However they did have a placebo affect that made me think they helped.

5. After each cut expect increased symptoms.  These symptoms will decrease.

6. Each persons taper will be different.

7. For myself as soon as I cut and felt a decrease in any withdrawal symptom I would cut again.

8. Lingering withdrawal symptoms for me were dizziness, ear ringing, muscle spasms, skin burning. You will notice periods of increased anxiety and nervousness but these will fade for some people.

9. I started benzo for sleep. So if you took benzo for anxiety nervousness you might want to learn how to control your anxiety problem. While tapering.

10. Expect to feel different after taper. such as no longer fog feeling or minor fog feeling and waking up with increased energy. Thoughts become faster and remembering comes back clearer.

11. When new symptoms come understand that it is the healing process.

12. I am very lucky to have symptoms that were bearable. however I had days when I started taper that were terrible. And after cuts.

13. Dont dwell on symptoms

14. Good luck all

That's so great drake4!! And thanks for all the other information.  We need your success and knowing how u did it ;D