Maybe in wasn't in tolerance: added more Valium and need some help

[Su...]

I've been tapering for close to year, Yowza! and recently was convinec=ed that I had reached some level of tolerance with the Valium that had been added.

I have increased the Valium only 1mg and it's affecting me a lot!  (That is a 25% increase but my doc was suggesting doubling my dose!)

Taking just a .25 more of Valium when I usually dose is throwing me for a loop!  So sedated!  so many weird sxs popping up!

Nausea, worsening tinnitus and without any relief from the sxs that I was hoping for, Chest tightness , general muscle tightness.

I'm continuing to hold my X dose as that seems prudent and I'm so unsure at to what to do with the valium!  I guess I wasn't in tolerance the way I thought.

I'm so unsure of the crossover or substitution protocol and think I was so out of what when I added the valium originally that I didn't have or didn't notice the increase in sxs...

But it does show me that my CNS is very very sensitive at the moment - and I need to find something to soothe it back to a place of stability....

• 2 weeks later...

I've been tapering for close to year, Yowza! and recently was convinec=ed that I had reached some level of tolerance with the Valium that had been added.

I have increased the Valium only 1mg and it's affecting me a lot!  (That is a 25% increase but my doc was suggesting doubling my dose!)

Taking just a .25 more of Valium when I usually dose is throwing me for a loop!  So sedated!  so many weird sxs popping up!

Nausea, worsening tinnitus and without any relief from the sxs that I was hoping for, Chest tightness , general muscle tightness.

I'm continuing to hold my X dose as that seems prudent and I'm so unsure at to what to do with the valium!  I guess I wasn't in tolerance the way I thought.

I'm so unsure of the crossover or substitution protocol and think I was so out of what when I added the valium originally that I didn't have or didn't notice the increase in sxs...

But it does show me that my CNS is very very sensitive at the moment - and I need to find something to soothe it back to a place of stability....

my opinion about "tolerance" i think a lot of people confuse tolerance with adverse effects. but thats just my opinion.

I'm so sorry you're suffering so.  Everyone kept telling me my body would adjust to the v, and it did sort of, not completely, but it was 6 months .....a long time.  I was on a much higher dose than you.  Do you think u can hold on to see if your body adjusts?  I don't mean for 6 months, just maybe a few weeks?  All this is so complicated and makes you feel so bad.  I am still just so shocked at what it's done to us :tickedoff:  I hope u find your answer SS :smitten:

Thanks Mary,

My body did settle down in about ten days, the bewildering thing is that an increase "should" have brought more calm/sedation not an uptick in agitation etc.

But this sure did point me in the direction I am now taking which is a long hold.  If I'm feeling good -- meaning i have some energy to go about a day with some activity in it!  At about the two month point I will probably begin to taper that added 1mg of Valium.  Then hold again for a few months......

My aim with the holding besides stabilizing is to be able to adjust the number of times a day I dose.

At this point I'm thinking I don't really care if I ever get off this stuff all together.  I just want a life!  (yes i know I know... but that sure takes the sprinters gun out of my attitude).

Hope you are doing well

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

• 3 weeks later...

I'm down to a little less than 1.25 V and also understand the long half life of this stuff and what might happen 9 days after my jump?  :crazy:

It's for this reason I'm putting a month between cuts.  More if I want.  :)

Dee

sounds like a good plan DeadWood.

I keep hearing that the last bit is tough -- so to go super duper slowly at that point.

:thumbsup:

SS

Yes, and so confusing.  What's real and what is not.    ???

I'm comforted by a slow taper, the time aspect has become near irrelevant now, I can't stand the anticipatory anxiety attached to the thought of the mongrel still sitting in the blocks, waiting.  Eek!  :D

:smitten:

Dee