Bruising very easily or spontaneous bruising

[Gr...]

While on benzos, I noticed myself bruising A LOT.  It was enough that I went to a doctor, more than once, and had whatever possible tests done at the time, which always came back with nothing.  I am curious if anyone else had this.  I also had very little appetite and I often wonder if I was actually malnourished. 

I do not think I always had an injury for every bruise.  Sometimes I would wake up with my legs covered in bruises.  I never found out what it was but it has gone away since I gained weight.  It always happened when I was very skinny. 

I had severe bruising while I was tapering and for a few weeks after jumping.  All something had to do was touch my skin and I bruised.  I bumped my leg on a coffee table, and instead of getting a small quarter size bruise, I ended up with a bruise larger than my hand.  My arms bruised from children's blocks falling on them, and my side looked like someone sucker punched me as hard as they could, when in reality the little boy I babysit hit me with an INFLATABLE sword (you know, the kind you win at festivals that bend in half!).

It did go away.  Sometimes it seemed iron supplements helped a bit, but I don't know for sure.

Also, if you are taking an NSAID or aspirin, it will thin your blood, making bruising more likely.

I've been bruising the entire time I've been on Xanax  (since November 2017)  It doesn't worry me, I figured it was just another side effect of this poison.

I always get bruises when I don't take vitamin c.  When I take it I don't get bruises.

:thumbsup:

Boost your vitamin C intake.  These Benzodiazaphines strip out a lot of our vitamins, especially the water soluble vitamins like C and b complex.  Biotin is another one that we have to watch

Lack of a vitamin makes a lot of sense to me.  I have long suspected that benzos made my body not able to absorb food properly. 

[86...]

While on benzos, I noticed myself bruising A LOT.  It was enough that I went to a doctor, more than once, and had whatever possible tests done at the time, which always came back with nothing.  I am curious if anyone else had this.  I also had very little appetite and I often wonder if I was actually malnourished. 

I do not think I always had an injury for every bruise.  Sometimes I would wake up with my legs covered in bruises.  I never found out what it was but it has gone away since I gained weight.  It always happened when I was very skinny.

I'm one of the most symptomatic here, and i never had this. i accidently cut myself while peeling an orange and it healed in days.