Extreme anxiety symptoms. Anyone relate?

[Mr...]

I'm in a state again where I'm overwhelmed and it seems impossible to just think "this is anxiety".

I suppose I'm just looking for some reassurance or similar experiences

Right now, my symptoms:

-It feels like there's a 1ft X 1ft hollow hole in the centre of my chest. It feels like there's a waterfall of pure acid flowing through this hole, burning my body. The sensation is almost like there's way too much electricity flowing through a circuit and it's frying it.

-Body almost totally numb and weak except the above

-Constant and pervasive cringing feeling. Like the reaction to fingernails on a chalkboard, except it's constant and never goes away. I don't know how to stop it.

-Heart constantly feels weak, like it's missing beats and slowing down, triggering fear and panic that it is on the verge of stopping.

-Heavy heart beats seem to send a jolt of electricity through my body, like being zapped by a taser.

-Was not able to sleep due to these feelings today, and every time I was on the verge of sleep I had a huge jolt / jerk through my body like the sleep mechanism is broken.

-Spasms and tenderness and some bloating in my chest. Nausea. Feels  totally rancid, heavy and like I've been poisoned.

-The more exhausted I feel, the more wired I seem to get and the more sleep eludes me.

-I feel pervasive and extreme fear of dying due to exhaustion, my heart and overstimulation. It doesn't feel like my body can handle it.

I've tried meditation, tapping, sleep hypnosis, a big meal, taking my daily benzo dose slightly earlier than normal. Nothing has worked. Everything has revved me up. Meditation and some degree of relaxation actually seemed to intensify a lot of the feelings in my body and make them more overwhelming. It revved me up - like it was adding more electricity to my already limited circuits.

I'm at a bit of a loss of how to come out of this state. I'm someone who's always devoted himself to various practises like meditation, therapy, etc, but everything I've tried just isn't... Cutting the mustard

I haven't managed to reduce my suffering 1% today or days like it.

Any advice or recommendations?

Also, does anyone relate to this description of wd anxiety? I feel overwhelmed and just hearing it's similar or normal to others gives some peace of mind , in a strange kind of way.

Warm regards and wishing everyone health and happiness,

Mr eggplant

Sounds typical full set of w/d symptoms to me. Maybe you can add your signature in order to allow buddies better understand where you are with your withdrawal.

What helped me in the similar situation was reading Ashton manual again and again as it gives explanations what you are going through. It calmed me a lot. In adition I took several showers a day and had bath whenever it was possible.

Sounds typical full set of w/d symptoms to me. Maybe you can add your signature in order to allow buddies better understand where you are with your withdrawal.

What helped me in the similar situation was reading Ashton manual again and again as it gives explanations what you are going through. It calmed me a lot. In adition I took several showers a day and had bath whenever it was possible.

Thank you. Do you have a link to the page with explanations?

I updated my signature after you mentioned it. Hope that's okay and helpful?

Unfortunately I'm extremely intolerant to showers and baths, I get super dizzy and sensory overload from the water etc  :( :(

Oh god yes I can relate 100000%

This is a perfect description of how this nasty benzo withdrawal anxiety feels.

It’s so brutal and intense and constant...it’s nothing compared to “normal anxiety “

It’s unbearable.

Do you get self awareness and existential anxiety along with this too?

Feel free to send me an PM if you like,

Also check my old posts,I wrote few posts here about this acid menthol burning anxiety.

I know exactly how you feel

A constant state of burning panic

Are you off benzos now or are you tapering?

Hang in there

It gets better!!!

Mreggplant, this is exactly how I feel, almost to the last word. This is very difficult to handle, in fact seems impossible, especially right now. I hope this helps you as much as me. Reading your post gives me hope and that makes me feel bad, because you feel so bad.

This really is withdrawal, thank God! I like you have been so worried I'm dying.

How does something so small do so much harm?

I'm praying for our continuous window to be here yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I can relate. I am also having some rough anxiety right now, along with other symptoms.

Wishing loads of healing on us all.

Yes, I can relate, in particular to the chest pains.

Are you sure you are not tapering too fast?

My goal is to not reduce my dose until I "mostly" recover from the last cut.  At least that is what I hope to do.  I am 5 weeks into the most recent cut but I do think I am starting to feel better.

RIGHT NOW.... This very moment I am reeling with anxiety..

My arms feel weak, my chest is pounding and I feel light headed..

I am also waking up every morning now with depression.. Cold, ugly morning depression..