Xanax taper question

[Bn...]

For you people that have been tapering a while. How long does it take for you to feel a cut from Xanax?  I just cut .25 on Friday. Curious when you usually felt that.

Thanks

Kristin

Mine varied - my first couple of cuts were felt immediately (mental ?? :sick:), other times I wouldn't feel anything until day 4 or 5, then again other times I wouldn't feel the cut until 10+ days. I found that it often went with whatever was already gone on around in me in life.

For you people that have been tapering a while. How long does it take for you to feel a cut from Xanax?  I just cut .25 on Friday. Curious when you usually felt that.

Thanks

Kristin

Kristin , I always felt mine in 3-5 days.    Hope u do well  :thumbsup:

If I never felt it. I really want to do one more large cut. I’m still at 5mgs Xanax. I’d like to do a .50mg cut. That is 10%. Has anyone do one a 10% cut?  I won’t after that. Just thinking if I didn’t feel anything. Let’s get the dose lower. Opinions?  Thoughts?  Experiences?

If I never felt it. I really want to do one more large cut. I’m still at 5mgs Xanax. I’d like to do a .50mg cut. That is 10%. Has anyone do one a 10% cut?  I won’t after that. Just thinking if I didn’t feel anything. Let’s get the dose lower. Opinions?  Thoughts?  Experiences?

I think you've had a really lucky, special experience so far and you are taking a big risk of making yourself sick and losing all that great ground you've gained and it don't come close to being worth it. But whatever u do, I wish u luck :)

I think you've had a really lucky, special experience so far and you are taking a big risk of making yourself sick and losing all that great ground you've gained and it don't come close to being worth it. But whatever u do, I wish u luck :)

Kristin, I just did a 9+% cut last month and it got me pretty good.  I'm holding now for.a bit to recover.  Looking I it daily micro cutting (or liquid) once I start ip again.  But, it doesn't seem like you're feeling any cut you make, so you can always try it and go back up if it's too hard.

Kristin, I just did a 9+% cut last month and it got me pretty good.  I'm holding now for.a bit to recover.  Looking I it daily micro cutting (or liquid) once I start ip again.  But, it doesn't seem like you're feeling any cut you make, so you can always try it and go back up if it's too hard.

Oops...sorry, this is for Benzo h8tr

Instead of .5mg in one hit, I think I'd try a .25mg cut and another one in 3-5 days.  Bad cuts are hard to recover from and best avoided.  Speaking from personal experience.  ;)

Oh that’s an interesting idea. I’d get the same result. But just cut two times in 2 weeks instead of one big one. Hmmm. Thanks. I’ll ponder that. I have a cold. So I feel crappy. Likely not a good time to push it. I am laying in my bed with zero energy and dizzy from the cold. I can’t cook. So I’m hungry. I love this idea.

[ba...]

Everything I've read said 5-10% cuts are recommended. On a larger dosage cutting seems to be easier and as long as you are not putting yourself in danger I don't see any problem with a recommended cut %

Has something changed is 10% too large of a cut?

Hi Sadpepe  :smitten:

I'm trying to taper .75 MGS. Been on it 26 days. Can someone help

Have you already selected a taper method? If not have a look here. Take some time to investigate and go for one.

When you have chosen one that you think might best suit your needs then please come back. We can then see together how to proceed with that method. Does it sound OK for you?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I’m actively tapering my Xanax. See below for tapering schedule so far. All cuts were fairly simple until this week. I’m ok. But it hurts. I’m uncomfortable. I’m likely going to hold. I still feel like I should be able to do a .25 mg cut. Anyone have thoughts on this?  I’m ok. I’m holding at 3.75mgs. Hoping to extend to 10 days instead of just 7 days. I feel the cuts on day 4 the worst after a cut. Last night was bumpy. Hot epsom bath and I still slept for 7 hours. I feel hopeful about this. Xanax advise?  Thanks to all in this. I think seakingpeace got done and I was totally following her.

Kristin

Hi

I’m actively tapering my Xanax. See below for tapering schedule so far. All cuts were fairly simple until this week. I’m ok. But it hurts. I’m uncomfortable. I’m likely going to hold. I still feel like I should be able to do a .25 mg cut. Anyone have thoughts on this?  I’m ok. I’m holding at 3.75mgs. Hoping to extend to 10 days instead of just 7 days. I feel the cuts on day 4 the worst after a cut. Last night was bumpy. Hot epsom bath and I still slept for 7 hours. I feel hopeful about this. Xanax advise?  Thanks to all in this. I think seakingpeace got done and I was totally following her.

Kristin

Not done 🌝 got distracted I guess. Kept steady with little .0625 cut per week the last month. Last couple of weeks was the hardest I have had yet. Still not intolerable I went to work and did everything I needed to do. Anxiety has crept back into my life. Think I will hold at .5 split over four doses a day for a little while. I have really been feeling these last cuts two or three days after the cut. I haven’t done the math but I think I am at the point that it is difficult to cut the pills much smaller, and my percent is getting higher than 10%.

I can’t do a liquid taper, I can’t be taking liquid medicine to work with me. An option may be to file the pills a tiny bit, maybe weigh them to guestimate how much I am shaving off. Not going to worry about it right now. Going to hold till I feel better.

Hope your feeling better. Hang in there it’s a long journey.

Seeking peace. I’m so glad to hear from you. You have done this taper ;Ike a boss. I’m cutting .25 tomorrow. I’m on your plan. Thanks so much for forging the path.

Thanks

Kristin

Hello Kristin,

For me it was not good idea to do as you say...I was tapering way too fast and had to up-dose again (because of the awful symptoms) as I was forcing my recovery!! Now I am staying there until I feel comfortable again. Then I will restart with my tapering, but in a very small dosage (5% every 15 days)...

Please take care...

This is what I've been afraid of... the tapering too quickly.  I'm going to try to remain at 4.5 mg for 2 weeks, see how I feel, and take it from there.  The LAST thing I want is for it to come back and bite me to a point where I'd have to updose.  I've had a few days when the cut of .25 mgs or so had zero effect on me.  However, I don't want to get ahead of myself by thinking that this will be the case for every cut.  I know you're not supposed to put a time frame on this, but I would REALLY like to be "healed" and at least a 1 year off of these by the time my son graduates from college in 2020!  That would be a dream come true!

Best of luck to all!

Fondly,

Lori

Well I’m at 3.5 mgs today. Last cut was rough so I held for a few extra days. Good to go. Cut .25 today so I can be at 3.5mgs. Cuts hit about 5 days after so should hit me Friday. Wish me luck

Well I’m at 3.5 mgs today. Last cut was rough so I held for a few extra days. Good to go. Cut .25 today so I can be at 3.5mgs. Cuts hit about 5 days after so should hit me Friday. Wish me luck

Lots of luck :)

Mary I read your taper. Brutal. How are you now?

After adding back in some

X and lowering the V, it took awhile to stabalize.  But then I started titrating the X, almost done with it now, and holding the V at 15 m, I feel a lot better.  V was just poison to me so I lost a lot taper time, but now X is about gone and I will start titrating the V.  I will just hod a few weeks in between to make sure all X out of my body.

Thanks for asking :D

I’m tapering down pretty slow. I cut .5 in quarters and am down from 2mg to 1.5! I just went down .25 and I felt it for like 2 days. I was expecting to feel it more. I’m worried when I go to a lower doses.

I’m tapering down pretty slow. I cut .5 in quarters and am down from 2mg to 1.5! I just went down .25 and I felt it for like 2 days. I was expecting to feel it more. I’m worried when I go to a lower doses.

At that low of dose.......slow unless you are just feeling great......too many of us screw up right at end.  Good luck!!