Waking up with involuntary movements

[Sa...]

Hi Sarah7,

I never had "hypnic Jerks" that others complain about a lot, but had a lot of muscle twitches and involuntary muscle spasms.  It seems that this is more common with Klonopin than other benzos...Maybe not, I seem to remember reading about that more from those users though? At any rate, Clonazepam is just the generic form of Klonopin.

Muscle twitches and spasms are a pretty common WD symptom.  They won't hurt you, but are scary and can affect your sleep. It will fade with time as will all your symptoms and your insomnia.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for your reply, ThEwAy2. I really appreciate the helpful information that you’ve shared and your well wishes!  :)

I have also experienced these muscle prints. The arms were very tense, and pressed against the chest. Sometimes it could hurt hard. But it went over after a month.

Thank you for your reply, translator 100. I’m glad to hear that your muscle tension eased up. Sorry to hear that you’re still feeling poorly. I hope your remaining symptoms resolve soon!  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...