Feeling of electricity when falling asleep?

[do...]

Hi Buddies,

I've been having a rough week getting to bed. Everytime I'm relax and ready to drift off my spine starts to feel electric and I get restless body syndrome.

Anyone know how to avoid this?

I'm not sure how to avoid it, but that is definitely normal. It used to scare me. Being close to sleep is actually what gets some of that jerkiness revved up, I can't remember the reason or medical terminologies. I would say just don't worry that it is something serious, that is one of the most common symptoms. You're okay.

Hi this was my problem that prevented me from sleeping. It was very scary. The jerk or shocks what ever you called them were there for first three months In my fourth month they became less regular .Now is my fifth month .They still do occur when I am in wave .The fact they are less in frequency now keeps me optimistic ,Dont worry Just dont get scared of them when they happen .

If these jerks or electric surges hinder the ability to get to sleep, what can a person do?  My first taper failed because I could not sleep due to this problem.  It happened all night long every time I felt myself going off to sleep, it would surge through my body and started me awake and made me feel really bad until I could calm down.  Just as I started off to sleep again, it would happen again.  That happened all night.  What can I do about this if it happens again.  I am now starting to feel the inability to sleep and I have a way to go before I get off this poison.  Any help would be most gratefully accepted, please!  Thank you.

I had the same problem very early into my withdrawal when things were at their worst, but it was one of the first symptoms to go resolve themselves. I think that these jerks and surges are a common symptom during acute withdrawal and either go away or lessen relatively fast. I did not have them at all during my rather long protracted withdrawal phase.