Are melatonin pills worse than tart cherry juice?

[St...]

I’ve been using tart cherry juice for about a year now. The problem is I’m borderline Type 2 diabetic. I’d like to nip that in the bud so I should probably consider stopping the tart cherry juice, I’m guessing. I’ve been using it off and on because my understanding is that it’s better than taking melatonin pills. Now I have to ask the question of whether that’s true since I may not have a choice. Thoughts?

I don’t know if you’ve tried this, but blue-blocking orange glasses can be gotten cheaply on Amazon. If you put them on a couple hours before you want to sleep they will help prevent the blue spectrum of light from blocking the release of melatonin.

It helps me somewhat. The only challenge is to be consistent about it. I don’t usually have trouble falling asleep though, my issue is that I wake up too early. Might be worth a try. Hope you feel better soon.

I have them. I’m trying to be more consistent about using them. What brand did you get? Sometimes I worry mine aren’t adequate enough.

Melatonin is a hormone that is sold OTC in the US.  In other countries it is regulated like any other Rx drug.  The problem with daily supplementation is that your body might stop making it's own melatonin and then you would be forced to stay on it for the rest of your life.  It's always a gamble.  Also, I read where people take way too much melatonin to sleep with.  According to some alternative doctors. 1mg is plenty.  You might want to consider the time released stuff too and not take it every night.  As far as type 2 diabetes I read in two different books, by two different MDs that it is reversible if you change what you eat.  Dr. Stephen Gundry.  The plant paradox and Dr. Mark Hyman, food, what the heck should I eat.

Good luck. :thumbsup: