HELP WITH JUMPING OR SLIDING OFF TO 0

[Ra...]

Hello Benzo Warriors

I am down to 0.2875 mg of Ativan doing the liquid titration .

I am dissolving .5 mg / 200 mL water >>>>reducing 0.0025 mg per 1 mL water.

Today's dose is 115 ml  water x 0.0025 mg  = 0.2875 mg

I was at 1.5 mg of Ativan in 4/1/2017

Thank you :)

Hi Rayban3025  :smitten:,

Perhaps you don't need to complete your taper at 0 mg of benzo. Actually after a minimum dose is reached, any therapeutic effects will have ceased due to small benzo quantity. This minimum dose is also known as jump dose or plunge dose  :D

The suggested jump dose for Lorazepam (Ativan) is 0.050 mg/day following the Ashton reference table. Nevertheless it is your body reactions that will have the last words on when to stop.

Have a smooth last part of the long journey!

I vote why risk it?

Slide down to 0... Rest in the knowledge you're getting off and minimizing the "hit".

Some people are pretty sensitive to these small doses.

The above post-inator mentions there is no therapeutic effect. I might agree. But would also say sub-therapeutic doses have relatively large physiological effects. So you can definitely experience withdrawal at sub-therapeutic doses.

Mr eggplant votes slide down to your freedom

Hi MrEggplant,

Perhaps there's something else than just physiological aspects?

"...Getting off the last tablet: Stopping the last few milligrams is often viewed as particularly difficult. This is mainly due to fear of how you will cope without any drug at all. In fact, the final parting is surprisingly easy. People are usually delighted by the new sense of freedom gained. In any case the 1mg or 0.5mg diazepam per day which you are taking at the end of your schedule is having little effect apart from keeping the dependence going. Do not be tempted to spin out the withdrawal to a ridiculously slow rate towards the end (such as 0.25mg each month). Take the plunge when you reach 0.5mg daily; full recovery cannot begin until you have got off your tablets completely. Some people after completing withdrawal like to carry around a few tablets with them for security "just in case", but find that they rarely if ever use them..." (Ashton)

:smitten:

• 1 month later...
Mr. Eggplant you mentioned having "heart symptoms".  I can only guess what those are?  if they are palpitations, otherwise known as PVCs, I have had good luck treating my PVC's by ingesting magnesium citrate powder in water.  While my symptoms were bad, I was dissolving 1/4 teaspoon in 10 oz of water and sipping these throughout the day (4X).  But, too much will cause loose stools.  I gradually found a happy medium of 2 glasses per day, and the PVCs seem to have mostly gone away.  If this is what you are experiencing, give Mg a try.  We are all difficient in it.