CBD Oil for Insomnia?

[jo...]

Can someone please recommend the best choice for a relaxing CBD Oil brand, or is this also frowned upon as an unnatural aid to combat anxiety and insomnia?

There is a whole thread elsewhere on the forum on cbd oil and marijuana you may find helpful.

I have used CBD oil for several months, mostly for nausea. It does not personally help me sleep. I use Charlotte's Web CBD oil.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using CBD from NuLeaf. I am finding that works well. It is full spectrum organic CBD.

They only make one dose in different size bottles and they provide lab test results for quality.

Can someone please recommend the best choice for a relaxing CBD Oil brand, or is this also frowned upon as an unnatural aid to combat anxiety and insomnia?

CBD Oil has a lot of health benefits besides helping you to sleep.  I couldn't help but notice that you are still taking Ambien according to your signature?  If you are, that is a Z-class drug that has much of the same effects on the brain and Gaba that Benzos do.  I would highly recommend getting off of that if you are not already?  Being K-pin free is great, but you just substituted Ambien for K-pin.  Your brain will not heal until you are off of all Rx drugs.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I use Nu Leaf Naturals Organic CBD. It does help me out. I have tapered off Xanax and am using it for anxiety. I did also use it while on Xanax but didn't seem to work as well. I think work's best when not on other things.

I use Nu Leaf Naturals Organic CBD. It does help me out. I have tapered off Xanax and am using it for anxiety. I did also use it while on Xanax but didn't seem to work as well. I think work's best when not on other things.

Thanks, HB1124. Maybe I should wait until I get off everything else to use CBD oil at all.

CBD Oil has a lot of health benefits besides helping you to sleep.  I couldn't help but notice that you are still taking Ambien according to your signature?  If you are, that is a Z-class drug that has much of the same effects on the brain and Gaba that Benzos do.  I would highly recommend getting off of that if you are not already?  Being K-pin free is great, but you just substituted Ambien for K-pin.  Your brain will not heal until you are off of all Rx drugs.

Thanks, ThEwAy2. I've been polydrugged by my two doctors for over 12 years, and the clonazepam and zolpidem were there right from the start. I now wish I'd been CT'd off the zolpidem, too, but I'd determined to beat big pharma AND my doctors. Most recently, the doctor who's been Rxing the zolpidem had the nurse call me and tell me to just "take one tablet every other night for a month and you'll be good. Then you can just stop."

IF only...

Thanks, ThEwAy2. I've been polydrugged by my two doctors for over 12 years, and the clonazepam and zolpidem were there right from the start. I now wish I'd been CT'd off the zolpidem, too, but I'd determined to beat big pharma AND my doctors. Most recently, the doctor who's been Rxing the zolpidem had the nurse call me and tell me to just "take one tablet every other night for a month and you'll be good. Then you can just stop."

IF only...

I did just stop taking ambien cold turkey after years of use. My then three year old woke up in the middle of the night and I did not feel well equipped to care for him, so that was it. Other than insomnia, I had no other symptoms. I know a lot of people on here have a lot of problem getting off ambien, but not everyone does, so try not to worry too much.

IF only...

I did just stop taking ambien cold turkey after years of use. My then three year old woke up in the middle of the night and I did not feel well equipped to care for him, so that was it. Other than insomnia, I had no other symptoms. I know a lot of people on here have a lot of problem getting off ambien, but not everyone does, so try not to worry too much.

Wow!! NJstrength, that's WONDERFUL news!!! I need to read more of these because several people have said I'm overthinking the zolpidem and you're proof! I know it could happen for me, too, it's just that insomnia is THE reason I ended up on clonazepam AND zolpidem from the start, so I'm very anxious about dropping the only other thing my brain has depended on for over 12 years to get to sleep every night. Thanks for sharing your story here! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Jo,

I know some people have a terrible withdrawal from ambien but everyone is different. You need to do what you need to do, and not worry about what other people say!

I have to say I really think magnesium helps with my sleep too. Good luck!

• 8 months later...

Personally I use to deal with insomnia. I've been taking it for about five weeks and have definitely seen an improvement in my sleep pattern. I don't wake up as many times as before and, when I do wake in the night, I go back to sleep almost immediately.

Edit: Removed commercial link.

I've been using CBD for 10+ years along with weed for pain. Doesn't do anything for sleep unless you dose  at 2mg+ per lb bodyweight .These 10,20,30mg doses barley effect a regularly sleeping individual. 2mg per body weight minimum. Preferably 5. At $100 a 1000mg, well.. too rich for my blood.

Valerian root is a better option IMHO. Maybe I just have a tolerance. I quit using any THC same time I stopped benzos. BTW.  I do feel CBD helped me get off weed easier. No craving.

I know you folks like facts. Here a starting suggestion.

A starting dose of CBD for adults is .5mg per pound of body weight. A140-pound adult should take 75 milligrams of CBD daily: take 1.5 ml of NuLeaf Naturals Full Spectrum CBD Oil split across 3 doses per day. There are about 5ml in a teaspoon, so best to take this via drops: 10 drops yield 24 mg CBD. If desired results are not obtained and the CBD is well tolerated, you can double the dose after one week and then wait two more weeks to measure results. If you again have not achieved the desired results you can go as high as 2mg/pound/day under guidance of a doctor who is knowledgeable on CBD.

Example: A 140-pound adult is advised to take 70 mg of CBD daily (.5mg of CBD per pound of body weight) split over 3 doses taken with food.