Author Topic: Need a Job  (Read 8059 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Need a Job
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:52 pm »
Hi [...],

Have you decided if you're going to taper from your benzo? 

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 11:19:22 am »
Well I'm sure I'm goign to be forced to some time.  I'm just flat baffled what to do.  All I can say is this... the past week or two I have felt the ebst of my entire life and it's while I'm on the med so that doesn't help me want to rush off of it.  A doctor even told me not to get off of it until I get a job.  Like I said that would worry me trying to quit it while on a job though.

Now I am having issues keeping my free health insurance.  aIf I can't go to a freakin doctor then I guess I would be forced to try to taper off then.  I don't know, but I sure am not in a hurry to lower it when I feel greta.  I would rathe rmaybe wait until I start feeling my body want more and instead of add more then taper starting then.

I MAY taper in a couple weeks after I go to a cocnert I want to be happy at the time of going to.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 09:49:14 pm »
That's good [...]! Life is short and feeling good ( Even when on the Meds) is very important. Enjoy this moment and maybe getting a job is the right thing to do at this point.

If your willing to accept the possibility these benzodiazepines are altering your chemistry, I guess everything is ok. I for one found out the hard way the damage it leaves behind. 5 months benzo free and my body is still repairing. Hard to believe a drug that the doctor ordered altered my neurological system in such a way, I get false signals sent to my brain.

Anyway, I will sit back now and listen to the false sound signals sent to my brain, this false feeling of a big piece of duct tape on my cheek and this muscle spasm above my left ear. All is good otherwise! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 04:40:01 am »
Well I'm sure I'm goign to be forced to some time.  I'm just flat baffled what to do.  All I can say is this... the past week or two I have felt the ebst of my entire life and it's while I'm on the med so that doesn't help me want to rush off of it.  A doctor even told me not to get off of it until I get a job.  Like I said that would worry me trying to quit it while on a job though.

Now I am having issues keeping my free health insurance.  aIf I can't go to a freakin doctor then I guess I would be forced to try to taper off then.  I don't know, but I sure am not in a hurry to lower it when I feel greta.  I would rathe rmaybe wait until I start feeling my body want more and instead of add more then taper starting then.

I MAY taper in a couple weeks after I go to a cocnert I want to be happy at the time of going to.

I understand your reluctance to risk feeling bad now by tapering off when you can delay it.  I just wanted to say that if I had known how hard it was going to be to taper off once I became tolerant and needed another dose increase, I would have tapered when I was functioning okay and sleeping 7-8 hours/night.  I hope you are stronger than I was when you come to that point, [...], and don't start taking more instead of tapering off.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 07:01:46 am »
I'm not stronger than anyone when it comes to any of this.  :(  There's just no good answer to it.  Off of meds I was so depressed and full of anxiety.  On the med I felt better, but people say it's bad in the long run.  Any SSRI made me feel much weirder than a benzo.  So i don't know what option I have anymore.  Lately I felt great until some things happened to where I'm now depressed again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 10:41:29 am »
Cool.  Now I am remidned (due to a yahoo article) that when I DO get the courage to have a job, I'll be turned down for not being able to explain why I haven't been working.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 08:37:55 pm »
That's not necesarily true. People stop working for a lot of reasons and manage to get hired. But you should have have some kind of explanation ready. There are resume/interview tips out there for all sorts of situations!

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 12:27:26 am »
Got any ideas what you wanna do [...]? I would go for a regular job, and not make a career move until your confident.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 12:55:43 am »
That's what I thought also...  But I'm not so sure what to try to do.  And then it will be depressing knowing I'm still not in an actual career.  I really want to be dating and I don't even bother trying to meet anyone or date because I automatically assume they'll turn me down absed on no job and would turn me down if I have a job too if it's not some great career.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 02:17:20 am »
[...], can you give me a rough idea how old you are? I don't even know if your at the age for a career, long term relationship vs Dating Partying, and having a regular 9 to 5.

I can tell you this, every career turns into a job and every job can turn into a career... :laugh: And If a relationship is based on if you have a "career", get out of it!