Psoriasis

[al...]

For the last 2 months I developed psoriasis for the first time in my life right after my terrible paracetamol setback. I have it on both forearms and in milder case on face.

Does anyone else experienced this and did it go away? I'm using olive oil externally for the last week. It seems to dry skin even more, but it prevents itching and bleeding.

Anyone else experienced this during benzo withdrawal, what helped and how long till it goes away? I read it takes many months for it to go away.

I would personally research this well and see what you can do about it and what could have caused it.  Stress?  Not sure if you want to consider a topical ointment before it gets out of control.  At least try to keep it under control until your body calms down and you can begin to heal.  Just a thought to consider.

I have had psoriasis appear during my taper and it has pretty much gone away.  I think psoriasis has a course to run, once you get it.  I had it for about a year and a half, but only really bad and itchy for about six months.  After that it was just flaky and a little itchy, which has almost pretty much gone. 

I would personally research this well and see what you can do about it and what could have caused it.  Stress?  Not sure if you want to consider a topical ointment before it gets out of control.  At least try to keep it under control until your body calms down and you can begin to heal.  Just a thought to consider.

I'm using olive oil. I'm afraid to take anything pharmaceutical. After diazepam and paracetamol setback I'm not taking anything from them anymore.

I have had psoriasis appear during my taper and it has pretty much gone away.  I think psoriasis has a course to run, once you get it.  I had it for about a year and a half, but only really bad and itchy for about six months.  After that it was just flaky and a little itchy, which has almost pretty much gone.

I hope that it will disappear in few months.

• 4 weeks later...

I tapered too quickly, had really dry skin, eczema -- I'm assuming it's a similar problem -- started on my hands and now a painful patch on my foot. Atopic eczema. Using creams and steroid salve occasionally. Not really going away. Very painful.

I'm assuming it will go away when I'm totally clear.

• 2 weeks later...
I too had psoriasis and eczema in the wave and window style the first year. Cortisol Cream upset my CNS,instead I tried Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut oil! Both did wonders and today its gone.

I use shampoo with salicylic acid in it.  The one I use is a Selsun brand, but not all Selsun shampoos have salicylic acid.  You have to look at the lable.  It works really really well. 

OMG, I had this very, very badly. There were scales from my itching all over the place, wherever I sat. I also developed strange big red splotches on both hands which were really unsightly. I forgot all about this and just remembered by reading your post. It disappeared years ago (I've been in this a long time). Good riddance to that!!! I don't remember what I used. Probably nothing much, as I didn't want anything by mouth. Maybe Vaseline or Vicks. I think it took a few months for it to go.

• 6 months later...

During summer months my psoriasis went away and now it's back even worse on both of my arms that are full of psoriasis patches that itches.

I never had something like this in my life.

Holy shit! The bottoms of my feet have been peaking for about a month now and I didn’t know why... another Benzo symptom. Thanks Scrabble!