Time restricted eating

[Ma...]

Look into this. We need to start eating and consuming everything within a 9 hour window each day to have optimal health. Once you put something into your body that has calories or starts a metabolic response, you start the clock. The human body doesn’t metabolize stuff efficiently beyond a 12 hour window. So if your eating late at night your body may not be breaking things down. I’ve been waking up at random times recently...taking meds at different times...eating at different times and I came to notice that all my problems with insulin levels getting messed up and prediabetes issues along with depression and taper woes all is caused by not sticking to a schedule.

I started. I'm trying I mean. I haven't been able to do it yet. I'm eating healthy but I tend to eat to relieve stress so it's challenging for me not to eat throughout the day. The benefits of doing this for a month are incredible from what I understand. Like anything it will take a few weeks to transition to but I think I can do it. We all should be doing this I think. Also taking our medicines and supplements within our window of 9-12 hours is important too.

Look into this. We need to start eating and consuming everything within a 9 hour window each day to have optimal health. Once you put something into your body that has calories or starts a metabolic response, you start the clock. The human body doesn’t metabolize stuff efficiently beyond a 12 hour window. So if your eating late at night your body may not be breaking things down. I’ve been waking up at random times recently...taking meds at different times...eating at different times and I came to notice that all my problems with insulin levels getting messed up and prediabetes issues along with depression and taper woes all is caused by not sticking to a schedule.

It's a great idea, and intermittent fasting (eating during 8-9 hour window at daytime, and not eating at night) is an excellent tool in achieving this.  The body needs to rest and recover from everything we do, even digestion.  That way, all the organs involved are rejuvenated and stronger, which promotes the sense of well being and improves overall health, including lower risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes.

It really helps diabetes. I want to give my pancreas a break from digestion because I take gabapentin which may be carcinogenic at high doses. Pregabalin must be even worse at messing with the GAD enzymes in the pancreas. Ugh

• 2 weeks later...

Terry38 -

I actually feel quite the opposite.  I feel that the drop in our blood sugar after long periods of not eating definitely contribute to tremors

That's why, if you notice, many people mention having their tremors worse upon awakening.

Because I don't sleep well, I am up every two hours or so.  I take those opportunities and actually eat a little something to level out my blood sugar.  I limit it to protein-based foods and whatever I can imagine eating at 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30 a.m.

It is a bit of nuisance and I certainly hope I don't have to do this forever, but personally it helps me feel better overall.

Angel

I started. I'm trying I mean. I haven't been able to do it yet. I'm eating healthy but I tend to eat to relieve stress so it's challenging for me not to eat throughout the day. The benefits of doing this for a month are incredible from what I understand. Like anything it will take a few weeks to transition to but I think I can do it. We all should be doing this I think. Also taking our medicines and supplements within our window of 9-12 hours is important too.

I have been reading several books ~ The Leptin Diet and Mastering Leptin.  Been trying to follow the author's Leptin Diet rules the first of which is do not eat after dinner, leave 12 hours between dinner and breakfast and leave 5 to 6 hours between other two meals.  It was really hard at first but is getting easier.  I have lost 8 pounds in about 5 weeks.  Need to loose about 12 - 15 more.  Oh yeah and I have been walking too.  My blood glucose reading in the morning is better.  PM me if you want more info.

Sweet pea