[sw...]

It may be okay here, sweetie.  I'll ask one of the modertors to move it if they think it's in the wrong place.

I didn't use liquid titration so I'm not comfortable commenting on your plan right now.  There are a few people who are or did use titration but they don't log on every day so check back, okay?

Hi sweetie,

This taper sounds fine, as long as you are using 5 or 10mg capsules, and not the 25mg capsule. Librax is Librium, correct?  What is your daily dose?

Yes, it's ok to store the remaining liquid in the fridge. Just always make sure it's well mixed up before using it each time.

Two weeks is a good time frame.  

Thank You eljay !  Librax  has 5 mg chlordiapoxide (same as librium I think) , and clidium.  I  have taken it for IBS.   I was taking 2 capsules and tapered to 1 the month of Nov/09.  I have been trying to taper off the last capsule....by eliminating 1 per week for 4 wks....then another for 4 wks....on to taking 1 everyother day.  Off and On wasn't keeping a steady amount in my system....symptoms started.

I have had head burning / pain and some nervousness....not too bad.  That .25 cut may have been too much, but hoping I adjust soon.  The next cut I will remove just 1tbsp or tsp....to prevent symptoms.  Does that sound okay ?

I need to go slow, for I am scared since the cold turkey episode.

I really appreciate your help....and don't feel so afraid, now.

Thank You !  :)   sweetie  

Just to be clear, you are now drinking 6 tablespoons (of an 8 tablespoon/5mg librium mixture), right? Increasing a tablespoon a week cut will take you six more weeks. I think this would be quite slow and safe. holding for two weeks may be unnecessarily drawing it out. But do play it by ear. See how you feel each time before you get ready to do a new reduction.

Just to give you an idea, 5mg librium is roughly equivalent to 2mg Valium for the purposes of substitution (according to Dr. Ashton). Generally, 2mg Valium should take no more than 4 weeks to taper off of.  Just an FYI.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Benzos don't act (directly) on serotonin. Rather, they act on GABA receptors. This will probably cause some anxiety temporarily, yes, but it shouldn't cause depression. I think most of us find that the depression lifts as we taper.

the gaba receptors  play a roll in many parts of the body , including  physical and psychological areas.  Many here get a variety of symtoms, but none seem to be the same for everyone.  For me depression,  uncontrollable crying fits. loss of appetite, and anxiety were my most common.

Others get tinnitus, panic attacks, cog fog.  etc.  so  you can get hit with none or all of these, and many others.  For a list you can go to the Ashton manual and find a pretty extensive list.

Point is to take them as they come and not let them freak you out too much.  The symptoms come and go, so dealing with them as best you can is all you can do.

If you have questions , just ask and one of your buddies will respond.

st 

From what I read....benzo's can cause some depressed feelings.  Is that true?

Thanks again!   :)

Sweetie  

Yes, they absolutely can. Depression is very common with benzo use.  I may have worded my last response poorly. I had severe depression the short time I was on klonopin.

What I meant is that tapering off does not normally cause depression. It usually lifts depression.

No trouble, Sweetie!

A 25% cut from the amount you are tapering from is a relatively small cut. At a low dose like this, trying to stick with 10% cuts is difficult, and really not necessary. And of course, the lower you go, the percent will grow, naturally. There is no avoiding that, or you'd never get off!  

If you are at 5 tablespoons now, this is what your schedule would look like.

week 1 (starting a week from now)....Make your 1/2 cup mixture and remove 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) (drink 4 tbsp for the week)

week 2...Make your half cup mixture and remove 5 tbsp. (drink 3 tbsp daily for the week)

week 3...Make mixture and remove 6 tbsp. (drink 2 tbsp daily for the week)

week 4....remove 7 tbsp. (drink 1 tbsp for the week)

week 5...your finished!  

This is very slow, really. You are currently on the equivalent of about 1.25mg valium.

Thank you eljay !  Will I just keep feeling these symptoms until I am completely off ?

It is so uncomfortable sometimes....and causes me to feel panicky.  I will be okay !

Thank you for your help !

Sweetie  :)

You may just have to put up with the symptoms, yes. But you will be ok! That said, if you are really concerned that you are going too fast, please feel free to to slow down. Just worrying about the cuts can make your symptoms worse, you know. If you slow down, you may worry less. The discomfort is pretty normal and is what it is. The fear of the discomfort is what is making you feel panicky.