Starting to feel my soul coming back

[Tr...]

Its been 10 months since I quit cold turkey after 15 years of benzo use. Just now starting to feel more myself. Not 100% yet but the windows are more frequent. Have some days when the tinnitus and empty head/vacuum is almost in the background, attenuated by life and the buya around me. I feel some hope for the first time in months. Feelings coming back, can smile more, staying out of bed, working on projects. Don't know how I have kept working for the last 10 months, but forcing myself to go to work despite the symptoms has helped I believe. Digging out of the financial problems, kids are all good. Look forward to putting this in the past soon.

That is an amazing success, just going to work every day and making it that far CT. I can't imagine any of it has been easy, you're a strong person for yourself and your family. Keep healing!

Hello Trpman! Congratulations on being 10 months off! Am very happy to know that your windows are more frequent! I fully admire you being able to work despite the symptoms! Not easy but you are doing it!

Praying for more healing for you and for all our buddies who are still in the midst of withdrawal!

Blessings!

Pi

Wonderful news for you!  Congratulations on your way to healing.  Thank you for sharing.  I am getting close to putting all of this behind me.  Best wishes for your continued health and freedom from hell.  :-*

• 4 weeks later...
Isn't it a great feeling to know you're slowly coming back? I've entered my 7th month and I can already feel the difference.

Hello Trpman.  My goodness cold turkey after all those years.  You are hardcore strong.  :thumbsup:

I was attracted to your topic title:  "Starting to feel my soul coming back."  I have a similar take on the healing process,

as the emotional portion of it returned after several months off, then some other passions and desires in life.  But that

deep part of me remained dark for about a year and a half.  It returned fully after the second year off. 

I can tell, because I care very much about things again.  Other aspects to, and what you speak of rings very true. 

You'll see that there is much more to come the longer you are off benzos.  ;)

Take care,

- Jeepy

I really admire you, trpman! I wonder sometimes how many people remain stuck on the benzo wheel

Because of fear, ignorance or lack of support. I guess I was there once, but I thank God I had this community and hope in a better future. Your encouraging post has enlivened my spirit today, and so I will try to live to my best ability today for you and all of the other encouragers out there.

Prayers of praise for your healing and restoration!

Tigereye

The CT thing was not my idea. One of my Drs suggested I could just stop and I would be fine. Had a honeymoon phase for 3 weeks then I was blasted by the worse brain stuff one could imagine. Still not 100% but each month seems to be a bit better. BB has been good for me. Looking at old members has been encouraging for me. Nice to see how some gradually heal, then leave the forum to return to their lives. Tells us you can heal completely. I feel for those who suffer for an extended period of time. I don't understand how the medical profession can be so disconnected from those who suffer the bad consequences from these drugs. How many more people who are currently taking benzos will need to suffer so long once they are CT'ed by their drs to make the medical community take note? So hard to understand how drugs that have been around for 50+ years and somehow most do not understand how destructive they are. Are we such a rare sliver of the population that our story goes untold for the most part? I feel sorry for all those living their lives right now, not knowing what awaits them..