[id...]

Just for fun. Don't answer if you don't feel comfortable. How old are you now and how old were you when you were put on benzos?

I am 35. I was put on Ativan (my first benzo) when I was 28. I successfully tapered it off at 29.

I was put on Klonopin when I just turned 32. Finished taper when I was 34 (not very long before my 35th birthday).

Currently 27 (well, 28 in about 20 days).

I was put on Ativan at age 20, then switched to Klonopin at 24. Stopped Klonopin about 10 months ago.

Was put on Xanax when I was 40. C/T  for three years. Put on klonopin when I was 45. Klonopin free when I was 55. Still have 10 mg Valium to go. Now 57. 😑 ugh. Or I think.

• 1 month later...

I'm 29 years old

First benzo/ med ever: in September 2017(age 28)

Last benzo: finished taper 2 week after my 29 the birthday( very first week of March 2018

Prescribed a benzo for a supposed inflammation of the inner ear in 2009 at the age of 59.  Started taper in 2010, benzo free June 11, 2011. 

Age at present: 67

[56...]

First benzo at 59, prescribed in 2010 for extreme workplace bullying.

Last benzo at 65, June 18, 2016

Now 67, still recovering.

Still have the same horrific bully boss, but this nightmare benzo experience has taught me better ways to fight back. :thumbsup:

I am 62 now, put on benzo's for anxious, chronic migraines and my dog ( love of my life was dying slowly from an enlarged heart), I was a wreck.  Was put on when I was 59.

First time, I was 31, going through divorce and moving to another state.  Went into rehab 36, had easiest w/d ever.  One reason I was soooo shocked at what happened this tme :(

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

First benzo 20 years old

Last Benzo 24

Terrified I'll never heal and thinking my life would just be better being over

I'm sorry Songbird, it can be a rough road. You will get back there just keep your head above water and you will be back to thriving. You have many great years ahead of you, you just have to get through this, it is temporary. I know it's so hard. Sending love.