The depression is so strong right now

[li...]

No one will ever know what depression is until they have experienced it and witnessed the helish damage it can do. There are times i’m with family and friends and people would ask if i’m ok because they noticed I am uncomfortable. My whole life I have shut down and let depression run me over. It’s easier said then done when people say to cheer up or get over it. The depression is 50x worse in this nasty withdrawal and even on beautiful sunny days, I feel dark and sad. I have always been positive my whole life and tried to peel the depression back but it always finds me somehow. Idk just felt like ranting i’m not asking for any advice or anything just simply expressing how I feel

No one will ever know what depression is until they have experienced it and witnessed the helish damage it can do. There are times i’m with family and friends and people would ask if i’m ok because they noticed I am uncomfortable. My whole life I have shut down and let depression run me over. It’s easier said then done when people say to cheer up or get over it. The depression is 50x worse in this nasty withdrawal and even on beautiful sunny days, I feel dark and sad. I have always been positive my whole life and tried to peel the depression back but it always finds me somehow. Idk just felt like ranting i’m not asking for any advice or anything just simply expressing how I feel

It's so very rough.  May it lift soon for you.

Yes, I can so relate. Depression is tough to deal with in and of itself but with this hideous withdrawal thing, it can be another order of magnitude. For me, being the ultra sensitive type, it's hardly even possible to process the negative stuff all at once and eventually it takes it's toll on my self esteem. At 18 mo. since rapid taper (30 days) off Clonazepam, I'm just a wreck. Often times have I just buried my face in my hands in mental anguish. Has been an abject nightmare and still is. But I've got to figure, sooner (hopefully) or later, this long dark tunnel has to come to an end. Take care . . .

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear you are suffering.  My depression is the absolute worst part of WD.  Every time I get out of it - and these days I mostly am out of it - I think, "next time that happens, I'll know it's just WD and it will pass".  Then it comes back and I loop like mad, wondering if it's the real me....This can literally happen only days after an amazing window where I am filled with joy.

I'm at 16 mos. I am trying to NAPS - normalize, accept, be patient, and self care.  I thought I was coming to the end of WD because my baseline was so amazing and lasted for weeks....it's so hard to 'slide back' (even though that's supposedly not what is happening!!)

SOmehow it helps just knowing that others are struggling too w/ this awful symptom.  I hope it passes for you soon.....

Yes, there is a weird comfort in knowing we are not alone. I hope you have clear days coming your way

I think the "weird comfort" is just understanding from others who do not judge us for something we never chose to become.

Best wishes for you and all here.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm the same way. Having dizziness, rapid heart rate, insomnia, pains I never had before, knowing I'm totally screwing up my daughter and husbands life. I never had any of this before. It truly is hellish right now.

I know i’m driving my family crazy because I scare them with my symptoms. I know my depression and negativity affect them as well. They understand and all but I feel so bad for being this way to them. Sucks big time. Hope you get a break soon

• 1 month later...
I can relate, my depression is massive right now and cant function. Want to go to the ER everyday, but all they will say is go on meds. It really sucks, I get in this really dark space and stay there all day with no hope in sight. So tired and weak from all of this, I wonder what the statistics are for success or not making it--

I can relate, my depression is massive right now and cant function. Want to go to the ER everyday, but all they will say is go on meds. It really sucks, I get in this really dark space and stay there all day with no hope in sight. So tired and weak from all of this, I wonder what the statistics are for success or not making it--

How long were you taking it?

I just started reading a book called "UnFU*K Yourself".

Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and into Your Life https://www.amazon.com/dp/0062803832/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LUkbBb553170K

It's truly life changing already and I think it could help.

Sending you virtual hugs. I know how you feel and going through this I have a newfound respect for people who have suffered with anxiety and depression their while lives.

No amount of psychotherapeutic advice or self-help advice or motivational words touch on this level of physiological chemically induced damage for me personally.  That's not attitude, just fact.  If any such works for some, I am happy for them.

For me, understanding of the physiological nature of this and sincere caring from others can provide a sense of comfort and is much appreciated, however, even if it does not *fix* it.