Please help with liquid titration plan for xanax and estazolam

[bl...]

I have watched you tube videos of simple liquid titration plans where I would make a new batch for the day every morning and divide the whole batch into 4 equal doses using 4 small jars. They used a total of 300 ml of liquid measured in a cylinder and then poured it into a large jar. A crushed xanax bar was added to the jar of liquid and then shaken. The total amount of xanax to be reduced for the day was then taken out of the large jar using a syringe. Then equal amounts of the liquid solution was poured into each of the 4 jars. All that I would have to do is to drink one small jar dose 4 times a day. The person in the video took 1 ml of out of the big jar the first day. The next day they would take 2 ml out of the big jar, increasing  by 1 ml every day. This seems like it would be very easy. I would want to reduce my daily dose so that it would be equal to around 5% every 14 days. I don't want to make a solution for an entire week at a time. Would the 1 ml reduction a day from 300ml with a 1ml increased reduction every day be a too low or too fast reduction in dose? I guess that I'm looking for a titration taper plan for dummies. I take a total of 2mg of xanax a day. Thanks, I would appreciate some help.

I take 2mg estazolam every night and I would want to make a new batch of solution every evening. I just take one dose of 2mg. Could I use 300ml  of liquid for the 2mg solution and then do the same thing with the estazolam solution as with the xanax solution (take 1ml out with a syringe to start and then increase it to 2ml, 3ml, etc.) Again, would this be too slow of a reduction? Thank you.

• 1 month later...

If you look at some of the tapering charts, 300 days is a very reasonable and slow rate to accomplish a full taper.  That's basically ten months.  You might have no symptoms at that rate?

I'm tapering from .75mg Xanax a day.  Xanax half-life is 6-12 hours.  Let's call it 8 hours.  Instead of randomly dosing my 1mg tabs, I switched to .25 mg tabs, and started taking them every 8 hours.  THEN, I dissolved them in water for a week, THEN I started tapering 10% at a time.  I'm down to 50% this week in 3 months.  NOW I will start tapering smaller percentages 8%, then 7%, then 6%.  When I reach 25% left, I will do .5%/day until zero.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you BenzosBeGone1963 I appreciate your reply. It sounds like you are doing really well on your taper. I switched to liquid titration, I'll see how it goes. Take care.  :thumbsup: