Five years benzo free on 1 April!

[Ma...]

Hi guys!

Just letting you know that I'm celebrating five years without benzos on the 1st April! Can't believe it. The first three years were really hard, but after that everything came right...I'm pretty well healed, with very minimal anxiety that I control with exercise and meditation. I never thought I could live a meds-free life, but here I am, loving my life and practising self-care every day. Sending love and strength to everyone suffering under the scourge of benzos, which really can destroy one. Keep going, guys! It's totally, totally worth it. You'll get your life back. :D

Love,

Maggie

[68...]

Maggie, I needed to read this today. Thank you for coming back to update us. So very happy for you!

Many blessings for your beautiful, healthy new life.

Lara

It's a pleasure - and so happy to see you quit alcohol! I have been sober for 15 years now and people always tell me I look 10 years younger than I really am - think that's part of it! Haha. ;)

[68...]

Haha!  ;D If that's the case, I don't need any more motivation  :D

Raising my glass (of coconut water) to our sparkling future!

Warmly,

Lara

Thank you for giving us some hope!!!! :smitten: congratulations!!!

Can I ask what was th worst symptoms what lasted th longest time. Did you had head problem? How long did you had it?

Love and healing

Vica

Haha!  ;D If that's the case, I don't need any more motivation  :D

Raising my glass (of coconut water) to our sparkling future!

Warmly,

Lara

Oh, absolutely, Lara! *raises glass of non-alcoholic beverage* :D

Thank you for giving us some hope!!!! :smitten: congratulations!!!

Can I ask what was th worst symptoms what lasted th longest time. Did you had head problem? How long did you had it?

Love and healing

Vica

Hi Vica

All the symptoms were 'worst'! Racing heart, excessive anxiety, shaking all the time, unable to speak properly, cog fog, you name it. I had these symptoms for three years but that is because I was on benzos for 20 years and went cold turkey. I would not recommend this to my worst enemy! The good news is, I am pretty well healed today. :D

Congratulations once again Maggie on a great achievement. You must be proud you won one of the most difficult battles in the world. Did you have any significant setback in the last 2 years?

I wish you a happy and healthy life!

FS

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Maggie (from another in the Southern Hemisphere!!)

Can I ask whether you had hair loss or gut problems?  (Almost at 2 years out here with many improvements but.....)😊

wow! Thats so wonderful. Are you also able to work?

I always tell myself 2 years off are NOTHING, but you know ..its hard to hold on to the dream of having my life back some day..

but I am making progress and people like you are motivating me! Thanks for posting! And congratulations! :happybday:

• 1 year later...