Meditations, mindfulness and healing music

[tr...]

Now my thoughts have been negative to 99.9%. Feel that I need to get into other healing thoughts and vibrations.

At first it didn`t work at all, got extreme anxiety. But now I really want to get started with this. Have tested music with different frequencies, sometimes it's fine, sometimes not. Then it will suffice with usual calming meditations.

Do you have any tips or suggestions, on exercises, that can heal the stressed nervous system?

You might look into what's called Alpha Music. I used it on my taper and it was very beneficial. There's a lot of it on youtube. It might be called Relaxation Music there. But it's music that encourages/produces alpha waves in the brain and, therefore, leads to relaxation. A guy named Chuck Wild has many CDs. His website is called Liquid Mind and has free mp3s to download. It's here:

http://www.liquidmindmusic.com/

Hope this helps.

Katz

Oregonkatz, thank you again! I am very interested in the spiritual world and healing from there. I usually listen to music with "Aum" heartbeats and different frequencies. But as I wrote in my last post, it may sometimes give me more anxiety, and sometimes it's going to be great. What meditation is your favorite?

Our beloved cats are also good for our healing. When I'm fine again I'll get a ragdoll.

I still listen to Pema Chodron's CD called "How To Meditate". I'm not very good at non-guided meditations, I'm afraid.

I have a CD of hundreds of voices saying OM. It's over an hour long. Unfortunately I packed it because I am moving, but when I unpack it, I will send you the particulars. It blows me away. I use headphones and can hear the vibrations in my chest!

Do you know about music with binaural beats? This explains a bit about them:

https://sleephabits.net/binaural-beats?sfa

I first encountered the concept of music with binaural beats when I was reading about the work of University of Toronto Music professor Lee Bartels. I ordered one CD that he produced. Very helpful! Then I got interested in the healing properties of music . . . and alpha music.

Jonathan Goldman is associated with something called the Sound Healers Association in the UK. My information on them is a bit old, but I will look for something up to date for you if you like. I think he has a website.

I moved on from alpha music to chant, which is pretty interesting too. When I am failing at meditating, I listen to Gregorian Chant. Very soothing.

I think there's a lot to learn and explore in this area. Music is more powerful that we realize.

Be well.

Katz

Thanks for interesting reading and nice links Oregoncatz and Ruby!

I have tried to read about adrenal fatigue and even the pineal gland (correct translation?)

I think it is very good for the nervous system with healing meditations. I am interested in ex. different energy frequencies, but I don`t know if the nervous system is still too sensitive right now. So you'll have to try out and see how to react.

If I am going to find something positive with this very difficult trip I have had time to read about the Akasha Library and anything that makes life meaningful. What's interesting for you?

[ed...]

If I am going to find something positive with this very difficult trip I have had time to read about the Akasha Library and anything that makes life meaningful.

Translator, I love your take on this, and I agree fully!

If you're interested in stuff such as the Akashic Records (strange - I was just thinking of them this morning...), here's a site I've been toying with: https://allaboutheaven.org/ I won't say more about it, as you'll know whether it resonates with you when you've read a bit...

Happy exploring!

Ruby, absolutely wonderful, I love this! THANK YOU, now I have a lot to read, and it can never be too much! The only problem is the translation. I understand when someone speaks English, but I'm too uncertain to write and speak myself.

Here in Sweden there isn`t much, but at the moment I read the book "The Akashic Records/Ernesto Ortiz" (in Swedish).

When I read something interesting I usually mark the text, and then print to learn. Now it's just my dear mother as I share this very big interest with, but now I have you too - and it makes me so happy!

Do you also love Birkan Tore? He is in a Swedish program about the spirit world, and I look at it every day. He is absolutely amazing!

All of this has been a lot of support for me in the withdrawal. I have lived my life on the couch for 26 months, and without all this I would probably have been crazy.

Do you also think that you have a lot of support during this recovery? How are you doing with the withdrawal? Are you ready to be up, or do you also live on the sofa?

I'm so grateful for interesting links and articles!  THANK YOU!

I'm unsure whether to write here or start a blog? It's a little hard to translate all the rules. What do you think? :)

[ed...]

Translator, you are so very welcome! Not everyone is interested in this kind of thing, so it's a joy to find a kindred spirit. Happy to 'meet' you on here  :)

I have been struggling to read any books - my attention is not good during withdrawal - but somehow I can make sense of sites like the one I gave you the link of. And I do not know Birkan Tore, so I'm looking forward to learning more!

I have been housebound for a long time now due to agoraphobia from benzo's, with only my husband as support, so I understand everything you say about keeping sane by exploring these things. I have learnt so much, and I can say that it is making this period of enforced isolation worth it - I know that will sound crazy to some folks on here! But my life has been much enriched.

I hope you will stay in touch, Translator. Your English is great! Looking forward to discussing more with you.

There is a free app called Insight Timer that provides a huge library of guided meditations as well as healing music. https://insighttimer.com/

I am fascinated with yoga nidra meditation which works on the level of hearing and awareness to systematically calm the nervous system.  Once your body is relaxed in what is referred to as a "yogic sleep", your alert mind is free to explore other layers of experience.  For me, it's been amazing.  If I am in pain or having unrelenting nerve symptoms, this type of meditation almost always shifts my experience.  I feel as if I am healing at a deep cellular level when my body is asleep and my mind is alert.  It is also deeply restful.

Kristin, thanks for the nice link! :)

Yesterday I picked up my books about yoga. During these 2 years they have just been lying and dammed.

When I started an exercise I immediately understood that my nervousness may be due to completely wrong breathing. It was not so before the withdrawal. But this very tough time has made the chest "stuck". I am also aware that I hold the breath when everything feels difficult.

So now only I have to get started with yoga, meditation and mindfulness. I'll be "The Very Slow Lady Who Breathes" - yes!