Pelvic/rectal pain? Is this normal? Please help

[st...]

Had severe chronic pelvic pain for the past 5 months. My rectum feels so incredibly tight along with my whole pelvic floor. This radiates into my genitals and down my legs. Has anyone experienced this due to withdrawal? Please tell me this goes away, i cannot live with this.

I have this also and hemorrhoid issues.  I think the drugs relax everything and when we reduce them everything tightens back up.  I don't think I can go on like this either, I have had it longer than you and I am now at 12 mg. v plus other drugs.  So scared.  Also, Dr.s don't have a clue.  I don't want to have the surgery because if its caused by the w/d whats to say I will get relief, it  might even make things worse.  Such a dilemma.  I hope you feel better soon, I just have no remedy for this either.  Maybe someone else can come up with something. 

I get horrible rectal pain - like someone stickinga knife up me - but only now and then and I had it prior to withdrawl.

Personally I think it is related to a spinal problem in my case.

As it goes down your legs you may want t check that it is not due to a muscle or disc problem in your back.

I have had horrible constipation since withdrawl which doesn't help.

I also have spinal issues, have had three surgeries.  Am in pain management.  Also constipated but control that with stool softeners, Metamucil and Aloe Vera gel caps.  I have hip, buttock and leg pain also and need knee replacements.  What a mess.  :(

Yes they have.  Now my Drs. are pushing for me to try a Spinal Stimulator.  I am terrified of yet something else.  Every decision I make is the wrong one.  I have had so many epidural blocks and steroid shots in knees, I refuse anymore. They didn't help anyway.  I am contemplating the Spinal thing but am in such bad shape I hate to face surgery now.  I am couch bound, bed to couch to bathroom etc. Thats my day. 

Yes it is.  Its not a life at all.  Sorry to hear you suffer also but at least you are off the drugs. They kept me on them for years and now act like its so bad and have to cut me down.  So scared of getting cut off all the time on top of it all.  :(

• 3 months later...
Hi I’m no sure how to navigate this sight to well , this is actually helplesshubbys wife that’s in wd , I have the feeling of a hot coal up my rectum since late June last year and I cannot sit down at all , but worse than that if you can imagine is laying down is excruciating for me like in laying on hot coals and cactus my tailbone and butt cheeks are like I’m laying on a pancake griddle , I burn from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head , my spine burns like crazy and much much more , I haven’t been able to sit or lay down without excruciating burning crippling pain , my shoulders hips ribs even the pillow hurts my face I thought I was the only one with excruciating rectum pain mine is relentless tho over I year I have SI thoughts as well , how long for you , I’m sorry for you pain this one is very very cruel , two things people take for granted 🔥🌵😰😖😫

my rectum is occasionally tight or goes into a tight spasm with pain!!! My genitals burn at times and my vagina feels like there is something dropping down it..all this comes and goes.

shania

Yes. Mine actually started from some urinary issues - burning crotch, frequency, a little leakage - got tested, no UTI, started doing pelvic floor exercises and have had pelvic/rectal pain ever since randomly and general muscle spasm. I've had horrible constipation/weird bowel movements since WD started as well. It's a nasty combination.

• 1 month later...
  You people :tickedoff: :tickedoff: Not everything is withdrawals. I had the same symptoms, went to see a gyno who sent me to a Urogyno , I had a rectocele (a hernia in my rectum, plus my rectum was pushing thru my vagina ( why the constipation and pain if dont believe me goole it) I had surgeries 5 years ago, my Dr push everything back inside, the surgery was done thru my vagina and thing are good now except I cant lift nothing over 10 pounds.

I have something like this as well Certainly rectal pain and urinary pain There is a disorder called CPPS Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. It seems like it can be related both to digestion issues IBS, SIBO,  Leaky Gut, Pathogens in the lower parts of the urinary tract, and muscular skeletal issues. You might look at NAC's  (N Acetyl Cysteine)role in this for some people I took some yesterday and I think it helped with some of what was happening to me. There is also some information on a particular lumbar bone that may be involved but will have to look for that information again

Also possible that to to some degree I am hoping it may have been triggered by my BP medicine which has diarrhea and and urinary frequency as two of it's main side effects. Yes not fun

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26941030

Also here is a link for a prostatitis forum which is basically the same issue as CPPS for men

http://forum.prostatitis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2080

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking that withdrawal has triggered the tightness in my pelvic floor. Having genital pain and burning etc. I hope this heals when withdrawal resolves.

Earlier this year I suffered a pelvic prolapse. I think this was due to constant spasming throughout torso and pulling along back, sides and hip flexors which are a mess since withdrawal.

My osteopath did some work on my sacrum last week that has helped a bit with pelvic stuff. I had also started getting electrical shooting g pains at side of my vagina which work on the sacrum has helped.

• 3 years later...