Author Topic: Pelvic/rectal pain? Is this normal? Please help  (Read 2649 times)

[Buddie]

Pelvic/rectal pain? Is this normal? Please help
« on: March 05, 2018, 08:35:50 am »
Had severe chronic pelvic pain for the past 5 months. My rectum feels so incredibly tight along with my whole pelvic floor. This radiates into my genitals and down my legs. Has anyone experienced this due to withdrawal? Please tell me this goes away, i cannot live with this.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:45:50 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Pelvic/rectal pain? Is this normal? Please help
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 06:25:05 pm »
  I have this also and hemorrhoid issues.  I think the drugs relax everything and when we reduce them everything tightens back up.  I don't think I can go on like this either, I have had it longer than you and I am now at 12 mg. v plus other drugs.  So scared.  Also, Dr.s don't have a clue.  I don't want to have the surgery because if its caused by the w/d whats to say I will get relief, it  might even make things worse.  Such a dilemma.  I hope you feel better soon, I just have no remedy for this either.  Maybe someone else can come up with something. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:02:13 pm »
I get horrible rectal pain - like someone stickinga knife up me - but only now and then and I had it prior to withdrawl.

Personally I think it is related to a spinal problem in my case.

As it goes down your legs you may want t check that it is not due to a muscle or disc problem in your back.

I have had horrible constipation since withdrawl which doesn't help.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:41:17 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:40:22 pm »
  I also have spinal issues, have had three surgeries.  Am in pain management.  Also constipated but control that with stool softeners, Metamucil and Aloe Vera gel caps.  I have hip, buttock and leg pain also and need knee replacements.  What a mess.   :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 09:42:07 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that.

Have your previous problems got worse in withdrawal?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:54:19 pm »
  Yes they have.  Now my Drs. are pushing for me to try a Spinal Stimulator.  I am terrified of yet something else.  Every decision I make is the wrong one.  I have had so many epidural blocks and steroid shots in knees, I refuse anymore. They didn't help anyway.  I am contemplating the Spinal thing but am in such bad shape I hate to face surgery now.  I am couch bound, bed to couch to bathroom etc. Thats my day. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 10:10:54 pm »
I'm in a similar state. It's horrible isn't it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 10:59:18 pm »
  Yes it is.  Its not a life at all.  Sorry to hear you suffer also but at least you are off the drugs. They kept me on them for years and now act like its so bad and have to cut me down.  So scared of getting cut off all the time on top of it all.  :(

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 06:23:01 am »
I have pain on my penis, eyes, head, fingers.

It comes and goes. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 02:13:35 am »
Hi Iím no sure how to navigate this sight to well , this is actually helplesshubbys wife thatís in wd , I have the feeling of a hot coal up my rectum since late June last year and I cannot sit down at all , but worse than that if you can imagine is laying down is excruciating for me like in laying on hot coals and cactus my tailbone and butt cheeks are like Iím laying on a pancake griddle , I burn from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head , my spine burns like crazy and much much more , I havenít been able to sit or lay down without excruciating burning crippling pain , my shoulders hips ribs even the pillow hurts my face I thought I was the only one with excruciating rectum pain mine is relentless tho over I year I have SI thoughts as well , how long for you , Iím sorry for you pain this one is very very cruel , two things people take for granted 🔥🌵😰😖😫