Author Topic: To those doing a dry cut taper with Valium  (Read 165 times)

[Buddie]

To those doing a dry cut taper with Valium
« on: March 04, 2018, 10:23:28 pm »
How does one go about cutting their pills to the lower doses of Valium as indicated in the Ashton Manual? A little round pill into 1mg doses? Sounds difficult. Will I need a scale or anything? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:40:55 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: To those doing a dry cut taper with Valium
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 01:46:42 am »
Valium comes in 2mg, 5mg and 10mg tablets.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: To those doing a dry cut taper with Valium
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:59:21 pm »
I had the 2 mg pills (not the weight of the pill, the weight of the active ingredient in the pill- the pill itself weighs a lot more). I cut them in quarters to reduce by 0.5 mg at a time, and eventually was able to cut them in eighths with a pill cutter to reduce by 0.25 mg at a time. Some brands are more crumbly than others. There is a post on here about using 5 and 2 mg pills to reduce by 0.25 mg at a time and only having to cut the pills in quarters. I found the 5 mg pills that I had shattered so that didnt work for me, but it is a good option if you have the tools.