Cold turkey

[Or...]

Cold turkey 12mg valium to 1.25 mg klonopin overnight.

This happened on November and i still feel bad randomly. Shouldn't my pdoc have slowly transitioned or not? Feel like I'll never get over it

In my experience switching from V to K is tough even if done slowly. If you are only feeling bad randomly/occasionally, it might be time to forgive yourself and your pdoc for what happened in the past. How long were you on Valium to begin with? It might just be that K doesnt agree with you. Are you planning to taper?

Members can respond best if they know your medication history. Please take a moment to create a signature line, listing your medication, dose and any relevant history.

Go to the top of the page and select Profile, then choose Forum Profile, insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile.

:thumbsup:

JKS

Cold turkey 12mg valium to 1.25 mg klonopin overnight.

This happened on November and i still feel bad randomly. Shouldn't my pdoc have slowly transitioned or not? Feel like I'll never get over it

orangey, I had to switch most of my valium does back to K as I was having a rough time with the valium dose I was on , also did it in one day. It was quite rough for me . I did this last september. the first two months were really awful. I've tried to taper but have been very unstable . I am just nwo starting to feel a  bit better . I'm hoping to stabilize more , but I feel that my taper is going to be difficut however I do it , so I will just go really slowly.

I do think it would have been easier on me if I'd done a slow crossover , but it's done now.

feeling bad randomly is good IMO! I feel bad pretty much all the time!

hang in there,

MiYu

• 1 month later...