25 months - still feeling very bad

[tr...]

Time has gone so slowly, but still so fast. These two years I`ve been on the couch, and TV and the Internet have been the only entertainment.

Now the thoughts are that I'll never be fine, but I know I can`t  think so - of course I'll be.

What is worst at the moment is extreme weakness, muscle aches and an "elephant" on the chest and stomach.

Is someone in the same period, and recognize the symptoms?

Hi there t100-

Hey ...just want you to know that some of us take a lot longer to heal than others. Our background is similar. I just want you to know that at two years off I was still couch bound too. I did try to get out & about for very short periods of time. I was not able to do much of anything really productive until 2 1/2 to 3 years out.

If you can just force yourself to do even the simplest of tasks everyday a little at a time it will help you. I had the worst dizzy spells/vertigo for 3 years. I actually fell & dislocated my jaw. I had to force myself to do even the simplest of things.

I am now almost fully healed except for the peripheral neuropathy issues which may have bene caused by flouroquinolone Cipro.  btw these neuro issues are improving as well. So do not loose hope my friend. Things do get better as time progresses. Try to keep yourself distracted  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bella, thanks for the answer!  :)

Although, of course, I wish you didn`t have to go through this, it feels good to know that this may be normal. Right now it feels like trampling water, nothing happens. Have been looking forward to the summer working in the garden, but maybe not so. Dentist visits and everything else, unfortunately, can also wait.

It feels a little sad to know that it's completely pointless to hope for a miracle overnight. Everything has its time, and every little symptom can take several months to heal, and it feels gloomy. I haven`t really had any windows at all.

Every time I get out of the couch I try to do something at a time. But then it feels like I've been in a marathon rush, nothing hurts. Just planning something in my head makes me tired, so it's probably not just bad fitness. One day at a time....

So sorry you have been suffering for so long. So glad you are able to post and read responses. Hope you are able to find things to pass the time, and hope you have supportive people around you. Hope you continue to see improvements  :smitten:

trans, at 2 years I was so disappointed in my progress. BUT, I had a lot of healing take place between 2-3 years off. I am 99% healed now at 4 years off. It gets better my friend, you are going to be OK. give it time and more time.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank all of you for posting. I am coming up on two years in April, and feel I haven't progressed at all. Thank you all for helping me to see that others are feeling the same way. 😀😞

Mbusybee: Now we have done two years, and we are on the right side of the stretch of our healing. Now it can happen a lot, and I feel much more hopeful than a year ago. So we can really stretch ourselves, and hit our chest like a "Silver back"! :)