Switching from K to V with general anxiety

[...]

I'm currently 1.5 years into my taper and the plan is to switch over from clonezepam to diazepam when I reach 0.5 K, the switch gradually over to 10mg V.

I currently tapering super slow and have not yet experienced the dizziness etc. that I had the last time I was close to 0.5 K.

I tried one 5mg diazepam and it felt stronger then 0.5 K which sounds strange given the ratio should be 10:1.

I do plan to take a pause after I've switched over to diazepam and was wondering if this is more suitable to treat general anxiety then clonezepam?.

Today I take my K once a day, but sometimes it can take more then 24 hours between each dose and then I can feel the anxiety increasing.

Would the longer half life of diazepam help in this case?.

Hi Bain ~

I would recommend researching this a little more before switching Benzo's.  When I got down to .25 with K was when the severe sx began to happen.  Be severe I mean panic, paranoia, and Anxiety to the max.  Things I had never even had before. 

I talked with my Dr of 15 years and she put me on Lexapro which has been life saver.  I had to stabilize and soon will begin a very slow taper again.  Pray it works better than before.

I also talked with my Dr about switching to V thinking this would lesson some crazy sx but she talked me out of it.  She said it's usually done from Lorazapam to Valium.  Just hearing that things could get worse I said NO WAY.

Keep us posted as to what you decide.  It's your choice and we are all different.  Just wanted to share my experience.

Wishing you the best. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply. It seems like the lover the dosage the slower the taper is crucial. Last year I was tapering at 0.01mg a day, which made me dizzy.

This time I'm just doing 0.005mg a day, so hopefully it will be fine.

I also need to switch from K to V in order to drive (K is banned, but not V).

I've tried all of the SSRI's including Lexapro, unfortunately they gave me severe insomnia so I could use them.

Glad to hear they are working for you.