Need hormone therapy but how?

[KD...]

I am doing extremely bad, due to very low progesterone. I tried progsterone cream for a few days and it felt like fight/flight. So stressed. Ended up in having horrible rage. I am not sure if this is withdrawal related as I have become very estrogen dominant. And taking progsterone cream can wake up the estrogen receptors. I really need progsterone as I am getting more wnd mor depressed, hypothyroid, and the worst thing very hypoglycemic. I feel like collapsing pften. The estrogen dominance and low progsterone make my blood sugar dip very deep, very often.

It is a tough decision to make. I tried a few months without progsterone cream, but the hormonal imbalance gets worse and worse, which actually feels like withdrawal often.

I think I should take something against the progsterone cream anxiety. But no benzo’s. So what would be ok? Any thoughts on this subject?

With MACs its difficult with chemical meds, right?

May I ask how MAC was diagnosed in your case - just curious because I think I might have that, too.

Did you get a blood analysis about a progesterone lack?

I had some hormonal problems, too. I am treating my hypothyroid with sea food and algae, very carefully.. I found out that the hypothyroid must be solved first, then the other hormones follow. Do you agree to this assumption?

I am not sure if you should do something against your fear or if the progesterone cream really makes you crazy. Thats difficult ...

Arent there other things you could do to get more progesterone without taking a supplement like sports? I am not well informed ..

I hope you feel better soon, - wd makes our system go mad... so sorry you have to go through that hell, too...

It seems the hormonal lack is so big that small things don’t add up. I am sensitive to most supplements. I am low in iodine, but a very small amount of iodine revved me up a lot. I can’t eat enough carbs as since benzo withdrawal seem to be allergic for every carb. I have very low cortisol, so then that has to be solved before hypothyroid. I am now being referred to a team of doctors. I need help, but also need to think ahead as everything can potentially rev me up. I am not sure if this is due to MCAS. I was not this intolerant to medication, supplements or hormonal cream before benzo withdrawal. So now I figure if I really need treatment, maybe I should take something for anxiety untill the progesterone settles again.

May I ask how MAC was diagnosed in your case - just curious because I think I might have that, too.

I had some hormonal problems, too. I am treating my hypothyroid with sea food and algae, very carefully.. I found out that the hypothyroid must be solved first, then the other hormones follow. Do you agree to this assumption?

I am not sure if you should do something against your fear or if the progesterone cream really makes you crazy. Thats difficult ...

Arent there other things you could do to get more progesterone without taking a supplement like sports? I am not well informed ..

I hope you feel better soon, - wd makes our system go mad... so sorry you have to go through that hell, too...

Diagnosed by biopsies in the stomach and small intestine. Normally they would test for tryptase. That will be tested by a doctor now as well. To get informed I would advise you join a Facebook group on mast cell activation disorder. There are several.

Diagnosed by biopsies in the stomach and small intestine. Normally they would test for tryptase. That will be tested by a doctor now as well. To get informed I would advise you join a Facebook group on mast cell activation disorder. There are several.

Thank you for the information - I didn't know that biopsies could be taken elsewhere than from the bones!

How do you cope with MAC? Do you take meds?

Not really coping. Can hardly eat anything. Can’t tolerate the mast cell stabilizers. Sorry but this topic is about hormones. I am doing horrible. Just need advice about add on supplements for anxiety.

Not really coping. Can hardly eat anything. Can’t tolerate the mast cell stabilizers. Sorry but this topic is about hormones. I am doing horrible. Just need advice about add on supplements for anxiety.

Okey, sorry.. Vitamine C 2mg daily helps me to stabilize the mast cells, and against anxiety I take 500 mg Magnesium daily from a natural source - I take it before I go to bed, it calms me down.

it will be hard to find something .. hard boiled eggs - can you tolerate that? Do not lough! That helped me a lot against panic attacks..

Another plant I found helpful was oat - as meal, but also the tea is calming down, - but not the way like valerian and others do, you don't get tired - and it strengthens the nerves..

I cut out oats because they would send me in a brain fog. They are calming but they make me depressed because of the fatigue.

What about 5 htp? I am even wondering to take something like buspar/buspirone for the anxiety.

So if I try I at least know that it makes me crazy. If I follow the advice of trying nothing, I would bet nowhere either.

Did you try 5 HTP before, during or after benzo withdrawal?

I tend to be very sensitive to physical treatments. I don’t think it would be a fix for anxiety you would have every day for the side effects of medication that you really need.

But what is? Bach rescue remedy worked, but it seemed to lower my cortisol too much? I am not sure what happened when I took it, but got really fatigued. That was at the same time of stopping the progsterone cream again.

You know even people that have not taperd benzos have anxiety when they take progesterone cream being estrogen dominant.

Oh you just remind me..

and thats really great because I need that again..

I took a mixture of homeopathic drops during the acute withdrawal that helped very good. Just came into my mind when you mentioned the bach therapy (was too much for me, too!).

It was a mixture of what we call in Germany mother tinctures and contained:

Oat

Passion flower

Valerian

and the last one I don't remember:-(( but I can ask my pharmacist tomorrow if you want me to?

I took 1 drop daily first, then took more when I tolerated it. After 2 years I took 20 drops 3 x daily, and whenever I panicked even more.

The mixture was invented by a herbal therapist who specialized to treat wd patients (I have it from a book).

HTP  5 did make me crazy before wd, in wd and after:-)

You are lucky I think - bach flowers do work but are too strong, so you could try just one of the mother tinctures I mentioned in very low dosages.

I always prefer the liquid versions so you can start with one drop!

What you mention is that actually homeopathy, that no more actual valerian is in it? Or is is a herbal tincture? I do not tolerate valerian in normal amounts. Can you look up the name of the tincture?

I am from the Netherlands so you are very close!

Hello ;D

yes thats actually real homeopathy - drops to swallow:-)

I asked my pharmacist, this was my mixture that really saved me through the hardest years and now I will start to take them again (thanks for the reminder!!).

You would buy the 3 separate drops, put them into a brown boddle (look at my link) and start to take them before going to bed.

In your case with the MAC and so on, you may test each product alone, first.

Valerian makes a little bit sleepy, the others not. My favorite is Avena Sativa, which is oat. It strenghtens the nerves instead of pulling you down.

The best effect I got was really the combination of the 3, and in the end I took 20 drops of the mixture per day, or even more.

Just know that the herbs are mixed with alcohol - do you tolerate it?

If not, there are globuli (the little white homeopathic pills) you could try..

https://www.europa-apotheek.com/avena-sativa-urtinktur-2126596.html?q=avena%20sativa

https://www.europa-apotheek.com/valeriana-urtinktur-2119509.html?q=valeriana

https://www.europa-apotheek.com/dhu-passiflora-incarnata-urtinktur-2124769.html?q=passiflora%20ur

https://www.amazon.de/Braunglasflasche-Kosmetex-Glasflasche-Pipettenflasche-Pipettenmontur/dp/B01N6WWFJY?th=1

Do you understand now what I mean? My English is bad...

Hug,

marigold

I was on oestrogen and progesterone when my gp cut me by 1mg daily. I was flaring with Lupus and had to have steroids. after I finished the course i went bump. Severe weird thoughts. I knew my adrenals were shot. I had to stop the HRT as the weird thoughts were terrifying.

I tried DHEA and my brain and heartstopping anxiety calmed down. I stopped recently following odd UTI symptoms but have just started on 6mg daily sublinguilly. I did take 100mg daily for 3 months. My taper is badly affecting me now

DHEA feels right somehow, calms me and totally remedies my hot flushes too.

• 4 weeks later...