How does depression manifest?

[de...]

I know depression makes you sad and sleep a lot and not want to do anything, but can depression also show up as anger or foul mood? 

Just trying to keep tabs on if depression symptom is appearing, or if any new symptoms starting.

Posted this in the Depression board, but I think buddies there are too depressed to be browsing and chatting.  Ha, oh, almost funny, like a glimpse of my long-lost sense of humor.  Sense of humor?!  Gross, what's that?  That thing cowering in the corner and whimpering?  ???:-\

Hi Delta usually l would get those symptoms with anxiety however I am sure people could have them with depression.Hard to say.Mood swings are very common in withdrawal also.A sense of humour is very important so try to find something to make you laugh every day.You and your mum will get through this.

Hi Delta,

I'm sure that I've read that depression is "anger turned inwards".

It makes sense in my case as I have repressed a lot of legitimate anger in my past, always 'understanding' and trying to look to the bigger picture.  I have also experienced trauma and had repressed that too.  So angry!  WD does not afford me this luxury, and a good thing too. 

This experience if nothing else, is teaching me to act assertively rather than with anger, I really do not have the ability or inclination to suffer fools gladly any longer.  This is too hard! 

It's taking practice but I want to learn the skill of discerning assertiveness from anger.  Unless I learn this skill I will never truly recover to the extent that I need and want.  I think women's role plays into it too.  :)

Funny, but an old "friend" phoned me yesterday and she got up to her old tricks of attempting to put me down.  Was really proud of myself because each time she tried one of her subtle little put down's I lobbed each and everyone right back, assertively but not with anger.  She got flustered and it felt really good to assert in this way as is my, and everyone else's right.  Yoe!

And I was sick!   

Dee  :smitten: