Should I avoid food "seasoned" in wine or alcohol?

[Li...]

I ate some Genoa Salami today and after eating it, realized that it was seasoned in white or red wine, after looking it up.

"Genoa salami is a variety of salami commonly believed to have originated in the area of Genoa. It is normally made from pork, but may also contain veal. It is seasoned with garlic, salt, black and white peppercorns, and red or white wine. Like many Italian sausages, it has a characteristic fermented flavor."

Is this or food like it, something I should avoid? Does the alcohol translate into anything when used as seasoning?

I think it's a lousy idea to drink a bunch of alcohol, and I'm sure that there are a few people who are super sensitive, but small amounts of it in cooking probably aren't a big deal, especially in something like that where it's just trace amounts. A lot of it cooks out of food, anyway. I've had bourbon pecan pie and a really small glass of liqueur in recovery and, whilst it maybe wasn't the best idea, I didn't really feel any effects, except the tiny amount of liqueur made me a bit woozy. I also think that the idea of consuming some taboo thing can, in itself, cause anxiety, which can be misinterpreted.

Studies show that alcohol doesn't cook out of food much. There was wine in my soup in December which has set off a 2 month+ wave. The worst wave I've ever been in. So yes any amounts of alcohol can set you back months or years in some cases. Works on the same receptors.

The thing is, what affects one may not affect another. I can't imagine there's a whole lot of alcohol in salami. I've eaten Genoa salami, myself, with zero issues. If he isn't having issues with it now, it probably isn't a problem. I think getting anxious about certain things that aren't really an issue isn't helpful, either. Everyone has their own ideas about things and no one is the expert here. I really think these blanket recommendations for everyone are unhelpful.

Studies show that alcohol doesn't cook out of food much. There was wine in my soup in December which has set off a 2 month+ wave. The worst wave I've ever been in. So yes any amounts of alcohol can set you back months or years in some cases. Works on the same receptors.

What?

It's actually true that alcohol doesn't completely cook out of food, but I've cooked with alcohol in the past and you generally don't use very much. If you made a chicken dish with 1/2 cup of white wine, that's going to cook down, but you're also making 4-6 servings, so the alcohol content is negligible. I can see how some people may still have issues with even trace amounts, but I bet most won't. I think this is unnecessary to worry about.