Muscle relaxants or no?

[No...]

I was prescribed Flexeril 10mg (cyclobenzaprine) as needed for back pain, which was undoubtedly withdrawal related. I took them and it never improved the pain I was experiencing. It helped me sleep, which actually wasn't a good thing. I was able to quickly realize that they would turn into a slippery slope right back into dependence and benzo use. I stopped taking them and the back pain dissipated weeks later.

So, I would urge against it. You won't gain a great deal of relief and they tend to mimic the sedating effects of benzos.....which your body is craving. If you do, be careful.

I was prescribed Flexeril 10mg (cyclobenzaprine) as needed for back pain, which was undoubtedly withdrawal related. I took them and it never improved the pain I was experiencing. It helped me sleep, which actually wasn't a good thing. I was able to quickly realize that they would turn into a slippery slope right back into dependence and benzo use. I stopped taking them and the back pain dissipated weeks later.

So, I would urge against it. You won't gain a great deal of relief and they tend to mimic the sedating effects of benzos.....which your body is craving. If you do, be careful.

Curious to know too

Thank you. Just this past week my perceptions are much more sharp which is making certain symptoms become more noticeable mostly the muscle spasms. It's scary and nice at the same time to have a clearer mind which I'm worried the relaxant may compromise. Mostly scared how it would affect me psychologically.