Weeing every hour all night

[Aj...]

I also started getting up to go most every hour or more all night long. This started when I began my taper a year ago. Now that I am drug free, it is still going on, but wait, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Last night I got up twice!! I am also sleeping this week!! I know everyone says that sleep will return, but I didn't think it would for me. Hang in there Ajusta.

Recently been needing the toilet at night way too much as well, waking up to go also. Never had the symptom until I got insomnia. I was worried, as with any new symptom, that it could be something else.

yes - for weeks i went every hour - sometimes more than once an hour - since I'm a scientist - i knew there were a few possible culprits so happened to have my aldosterone levels measured and they were sky high - which explained the frequent urination.  its crazy but there truly is a physiologic reason behind each and every symptom - and eventually the body does straighten itself out....

Thanks!

Given I also have a literally insatiable appetite with no sensation of ever feeling full I am worried about diabetes.

I am also constantly craving sugar - have been for a couple of months now. Could this been excitotoxicity? I note the brain needs glucose or fructose to deal with this.

I was pre- diabetic a few years ago but lost 8 stone so am hoping it is not that.

every hour I am up. I thought I had damaged my bladder or kidneys with those benzos....Thank God some of you guys have the same and its just a symptom

We are all in the same boat!

Ajusta. I have odd cravings, usually something sweet, but not always. Eating anything sweet makes me feel so much worse, so I try to stay away from them. I've still gained weight.  :-\ Hopefully I can lose the extra pounds once my brain recovers. I am not familiar with excitoxicity, though there may be some on here that are. When I eat, I feel incredibly full, but I still want to eat more. This began when I started my taper a year ago in February. Hopefully I will go back to the way I was before I started my taper.  Have you had a doctor check your blood glucose levels?

Eddz0066, these bladder issues are common with many of us, but eventually it will go away. When I sleep, I'm not getting up every 30-60 minutes, sometimes more often than that. We just have to hang in there!

We are all in the same boat!

Ajusta. I have odd cravings, usually something sweet, but not always. Eating anything sweet makes me feel so much worse, so I try to stay away from them. I've still gained weight.  :-\ Hopefully I can lose the extra pounds once my brain recovers. I am not familiar with excitoxicity, though there may be some on here that are. When I eat, I feel incredibly full, but I still want to eat more. This began when I started my taper a year ago in February. Hopefully I will go back to the way I was before I started my taper.  Have you had a doctor check your blood glucose levels?

Eddz0066, these bladder issues are common with many of us, but eventually it will go away. When I sleep, I'm not getting up every 30-60 minutes, sometimes more often than that. We just have to hang in there!

I wish I could feel full. I am not gatting any feedback from my stomach at all. I have no sensation of having eaten however much I eat. The outside of my body feels numb as well.

Ajusta did you have the feeling of being full before you started your taper along with the numbness? Beings you have had spinal surgery, did you have any of these feelings before the surgery?  Mostly likely it is from the benzo withdrawal, but you may want to get it checked out. I have numbness most days/nights, but it goes away quickly.

When I started my taper a year ago, I did not share this with my PCP, as when I told him I had gotten off of Ambien, he asked me why. I was shocked and could only respond, "because it was not good for me." He was obviously thrilled when I told him I was finally off of clonazepam and wanted to know how I managed to taper off. He surprisingly knew about the Ashton Manual, so at least he knew something.  This site gave me so much strength and hope, so I shared that with the doctor, also. He took notes, which I was happy to see.

During the 20 years on benzos and withdrawal there have been so many strange symptoms, I lost count. With that being said, look how far we have come!

No I didn't have either of those symptoms prior to withdrawal.

I have just had a spinal MRI and whilst it shows a lot of problems (degeneration, osteophytes, a disc that is fusing in top of throacic spine nothing is touching the cord).

days ago there was a strange pinging sensation in my knee and now it is completely numb even the skin sensation.

I just feel so horrendously unwell I don't know what to do.

There is no position I can get remotely comfortable in.

You are definitely suffering. I am so sorry. Does your ortho doctor who had the MRI done have any suggestions for the numbness in your knee?  Perhaps some physical therapy? I also have degeneration in both my neck and lower spine. A few years ago, I could not bend over to even put my sox on. I went to the PCP, who ordered physical therapy. That was of no help, so he sent me to a spine clinic, who gave me a shot and I've had no pain since. I had the same shot in my neck a few years before that, which also eliminated the pain. I forgot just what was in the shot, but probably a steroid.

Until you can get some relief, you will be incredibly miserable.

I'm sorry you are suffering pain as well nigtengale.

For me it's not just the pain but the severe tight spasm thoughout my whole body. It is hard to breath. My whole body is constantly writhing in spasm. It's hard to hold my tablet to type this. All my muscles are constantly contracting against one another

I have spent years seeing physios, massage therapists, chiros, osteopaths etc with no relief.

Since stopping the diazepam all these symptoms are 50 times worse.

A neurologist thinks I have dystonia and prescribed Baclofen which is a GABA agonist and makes me feel horrible.

I think my gest bet is to reinstate the diazeapm and try to get the muscles back to where they were before I srupidly stopped taking it and try to get stronger before trying to taper very very slowly down again.

I've just been reading an interesting thread on reinstatement.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=169871.0