Holding

[de...]

[5c...]

Dee,

Some people do hold for months at a time, as they see fit. You're doing great - keep going gently, and listen to your heart and body. If you feel you need a break, do it. I once held at the same amount for 2 months early on in my taper... No harm came from it.

Thinking of you.

Lara

Hi just hold for as long as you need to.l believe that a 2 week hold is not long enough as valium withdrawal symptoms only kick in properly in the 2nd or 3rd week.l am holding and l will not be dropping again until l feel able to.To be honest with you l don't care how long it takes as long as I get there in the end.

Thank you so much Ruby and Stut. 

The 10-14 day rule just seems too much for me to deal with at the moment and can remember that when I jumped off cold 5 weeks ago it did take two weeks before I got hit with the sledgehammer and a return to same really frightens me this early in my taper. 

If you remember Ruby when I first came here I explained to you that at the same time as the Valium c/t I had also jumped off both Cymbalta and Lexapro after less than two weeks use.  It was the 3 drugs at the same time and dr. didn't even give me a proper wash out period between the Cymbalta and Lexapro.  I can barely describe it, and think I got a touch of Serotonin Syndrome with the SSRI and SNRI colliding.  I truly thought I was going to die, and didn't really care if I did.   

I am starting to feel somewhat better/stable and understanding the non-linear nature of the thing I won't even ascribe it a name I find it so hateful.  I don't feel mentally capable of taking or anticipating another cut in 10 days time. 

So, I am mentally and physically exhausted.  My flat is a pig sty and I couldn't care less, it will get done when I am able, and generally I like things clean and organised. Meh!

Sorry for long post my head is just coming together and it is a real relief to know that I can give myself more time.  I'm done for the time being and as you say Stut don't care how long, so long as it happens. 

Thank you both so much. 

Dee  :smitten:

[5c...]

Dee, I really think you're doing just fine! Many people find the Ashton taper too fast. I did, too. It's wise to hold and stay in your comfort zone. It gives your body time to adapt. And by minimising the withdrawal stress, your body can start to heal itself as you go down in dose.

And man, who cares about the flat right now?  ;D You're doing the hardest thing anyone can do right now. All the rest can wait!

Sending love,

Lara

Thanks Ruby and GreenCup you are rational.

I think when at the beginning I just wanted it to stop and the only way I could think it through was to hurry the process, but it was too frightening.

With greater understanding of what is happening to me I am prepared to take the long way home and not put myself through this grief looking for a quick fix. It is just not necessary. 

It frightens me to think that Valium with its long half life and with only 5 days up my sleeve since my first ever cut (12.5%) I am going to be hit by a train in maybe a weeks time.  Can this happen? 

Dee x

[5c...]

Dee, this whole journey is like a crazy roller-coaster for all of us...  :crazy:

I try to expect the best, but I'm prepared for anything (including the worst)! And if a bad wave hits, just remind yourself that it always passes, and that your body is healing even when it doesn't feel like it. In time, you get more used to the ride...you even learn to anticipate and surf those waves sometimes. You find tricks that work for you.

I found these tips very useful tonight: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79096.0

Maybe it could help you, too.

Hugs,

Lara

Thanks Lara and George,

Expect the best but be prepared for a wave is good advice Lara.  The early days of this nightmare were so scary and confusing didn't know what was happening.  I am, thanks to reading here becoming more accepting that it is WD and I will see it through slowly. 

I'm going to look to a month too George and if it takes longer than a month to feel stable, that's what it takes.  Having the pressure removed to get off within a set timeframe has really helped me. 

Dee  :smitten: