Do people ever heal from the tinnitus?

[bo...]

Tinnitus has been hissing day and night now most of this week and in total i've had it consistently 24/7 with the odd quieter day since mid rapid taper in July 2016 coming up for 20 months! At nearly 18 months off I can feel my hope weakening and my depression stating to consume. I'm crying in the mornings and randomly at other times. I try to be brave and distract and keep going but it's really hard because nobody has a clue what I'm going through, my family aren't interested - nobody is. I live alone and I feel very isolated. I've been trying to distract and keep going but it's getting harder. My sleep is constantly disturbed by my downstairs neighbour who has it in for me. My hormones are in the mix and are so messed up. I feel completely battered and broken today. How do we get through this?

Sorry for the negativity I just needed to say how I feel. There have been good days but not enough.

I wish you all well soon.

I don't really know but have read that for some it does go away, for others not.  I hope I am one of the lucky ones, and you too.  Oh, the bliss of golden silence which happens rarely for me but is magic to my ears. 

I once had a really nice doctor and though it might sound silly, he said to me that, "it's just a noise." 

When I think about it this way it sometimes helps.  Sort of acceptance I guess. 

Dee x

So sorry you're having a hard time.  I have tinnitus on and off, it comes on randomly.  What helps me at night when I get tinnitus is to have some soft sound on, for example a sound machine or TV on low volume.  I can totally relate to an objectionable neighbor, I have one, too.  Some people can be very insensitive and inconsiderate.  Stay strong, there are better days ahead. ;)

Thanks guys for the lovely supportive messages and good advice. I'm so happy for you Laserjet! Thanks for coming back to give us hope.

After a terrible morning things improved for a few hours now Tinnitus has receded and I've got pain in my diaphragm. Still a better day than expected.

Thanks again buddies.