Wanting to leap

[Sh...]

Long story but I'll make it shorter.

Prescribed Kpin 2mg 2x day, 2yrs. Cut it myself to 2mg in the A.M only.

I've never noticed any effects of Kpin other than ridding me of crippling anxiety. Dropping my night time 2mg dose didn't cause me any issues. I cut my 2mg A.M to 1mg. Forgot to take it a few days and had a clonic-tonic seizure. Put on Keppra, which I do not want to be taking.

Cut to .5mg, 2 days ago. I'm waiting in fear for some kind of withdrawal symptom, when I've dropped a ton before without any negative effect whatsoever.

Is it possible that I will just have an easy go of it, or am I deluded?

I just want to be done already. Like, can I jump off from .5mg after a week or so to nothing? Do I have to go to .25mg?

I am appalled that the doc who prescribed this to me never told me about how hard coming off of it could possibly be, that it is so powerful, that I would have a physical dependence on it, basically nothing other than "Here, you're in trauma, take this."

I also cope with bipolar 1, GAD and ADD, and am medicated for all- well, going off the Kpin for GAD.

If I understand right, you cut 50% of your dose? Why not quarter your pills up and reduce slower? Or talk to your Dr about switching to Valium. I hope you don't have bad withdrawals, but try not to dwell on how bad your withdrawal is going to be, that always makes my anxiety worse.

Just seeing your signature, you're on adderall. I can't imagine being on adderall during benzo withdrawal. When I was prescribed adderall, that alone caused tremendous anxiety for me.. But everyone is different.