Is This Normal As One Is Nearing The End of A Xanax Taper?

[De...]

I am getting very near to my jumping point in my Xanax taper. With my last 2 cuts, I am definitely feeling each of them but I move forward and go on as best I can. My signature shows my taper to date, and I plan to reduce again this Sunday by 0.03125 mg which will leave me with a 0.03125 mg dose for morning and for night then cut again the following Sunday by the same amount which will leave me at ONE 0.03125 a day for a week then I plan to jump.

With that said, I am finding these situations - all which I assume is part of the withdrawal process. My brain simply feels numb, making thinking or talking even a chore at times. When I do talk, I then get animated which leaves me feeling anxious but that does leave after I leave the conversation. When my morning dose is due, I am definitely feeling the 'need' for the dose with the feelings of head sensitivity and feeling stretched tight. This makes me wonder how in the world I am going to be able to jump in a couple of weeks  :idiot:

Also, I am super tired, feeling like I have walked a million miles yet in reality, only back and forth through the house as needed. Sitting helps but I cannot sit all the time.

Anyone with experience of Xanax taper that has felt this way yet choose to jump anyway. I honestly do not see that holding would help any but am also concerned about the actual jump and how long such feelings will last (or intensify)  :-\

Congratulations on your taper so far!  Well done!

I wasn't on Xanax but when I jumped off Klonopin last week, I still had w/d symptoms but they were much better than some of w/d during the taper.

I'll let someone who knows about Xanax to weigh in but I wanted to say well done!

Thank you very much!

I know I will still have some symptoms when I jump but I sometimes get confused with comments of 'wait and stabilize' before jumping. Then I also read statements of postponing jump at low doses will not really help.

Right now my otherwise intelligent brain doesn't want to function intelligently hence the goofy questions  :P