Hi! Starting Xanax withdrawal

[...]

I have been on Xanax .25 /3x day for 18 months, mostly took it by breaking in half as I tried not to take to much for situational anxiety but found every few hrs I was going through withdrawal and by end of day ended up taking pretty much prescribed dose. I am taking .12  8am, 2pm, and 8pm. I don’t have severe withdrawal as others heartbreakingly do but very uncomfortable. I tried an unsuccessful Dr created 30day withdrawal schedule in September 2017 and at end up going back on daily dose. I don’t know how to slowly withdrawal from this low dose. I read in Ashton Manual switching to Valium may be better ( which I have a 5mg script) but Valium makes me feel really weird and dark in my brain so would rather not. Any suggestions for a slow taper from this dose would be helpful.

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello mc39 !

We are very glad that you found us!

Sorry you are struggling with the Xanax. Many folks here share the same struggles as you. You are not alone. I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards & become well informed. By doing this it will enable you to have all the tools you need for a smooth, successful taper & recovery.

There are many well informed, kind, compassionate members here to support you. Ask questions. Our various boards are full of vast amounts of information to guide you through your journey. I have enclosed some links below that may help you in your search efforts. Please check them out.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

Go to the top of the page and select Profile then choose Forum Profile then insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile CLICK HERE > Create a Signature < CLICK HERE

Wishing you a smooth, successful taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashtons Manual 

General Taper Plans    Xanax Support Blog  What's happening inside your brain

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing at a rate of 5%-10% every 10-14 days