It's been 6 months now...

[Sc...]

...and I'm still not better!

Folks, I'm now twice as long off Benzos as I was on them.

Seemed to be really turning a corner over the past couple of weeks, however, Saturday night was the return of all the calf twitching/hand tremors/internal buzzing...and just the overall feeling of illness and anxiousness that comes with that.

I'm pretty exhausted. It's been so long since I had a strong sense of normality in my life. I'm just sitting in limbo right now to see where all this symptom nonsense is headed.

My doctor has set me up for a blood test so I guess, if anything, it'll be a good judgement of my physical health - which I'm hoping is fine!

Must admit, I'm fighting the "this can't still be benzo withdrawal - there's something wrong with my body" headspace at the moment.

Any reassurance is super welcome right now, BB!

I'm at 8 months being off Lorazepam and still have some nagging symptoms.  I was on a very low/short term dose.  Most symptoms lasted for 3-6 months after I stopped.  It's not surprising that you're still feeling symptoms.  Lorazepam is super potent.  Some of the symptoms alleviated a little and then came back.  That was a good sign when I started seeing SOME type of alleviation. 

I was on Lorazepam for a total of about 6 weeks with a few weeks off in between.  I took .5mg daily.  It's 8 months out and I still have symptoms.  The fact that you are having symptoms twice the time you took the benzos is irrelevant.  I can tell you after going through it there is no set timetable.  Some people have symptoms 3 years after stopping short term use.

It doesn't help how potent Lorazepam is.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, LL!

Yes, Lorazepam. 'Tis a real nasty drug.

I've hit a big wave here at 6 months after doing pretty good again. To have a sense of normality again and have it taken away so quickly is such a horrible, depressing and frightening thing. I am so tired of all these really intense and scary physical symptoms.

Just in desperate need of reassurance that this is still Benzo withdrawal and not either some sinister physical problem or I'm very unwell mentally.

My cheeky, lewd personality is back though! >:D

I've hit a big wave here at 6 months after doing pretty good again.

Keep reading what you wrote 10 times over.  If you were feeling better and then some symptoms came back...that's a GOOD thing.  Eventually it will get better and better and most symptoms wont return at all.

Some symptoms might remain for a long long time but that's part of the game.  Nothing you can do.  There is no going back now...you have one foot out of the forest and the boogie man is behind you!

Have a great weekend!!!!!

...and I'm still not better!

Folks, I'm now twice as long off Benzos as I was on them.

Seemed to be really turning a corner over the past couple of weeks, however, Saturday night was the return of all the calf twitching/hand tremors/internal buzzing...and just the overall feeling of illness and anxiousness that comes with that.

I'm pretty exhausted. It's been so long since I had a strong sense of normality in my life. I'm just sitting in limbo right now to see where all this symptom nonsense is headed.

My doctor has set me up for a blood test so I guess, if anything, it'll be a good judgement of my physical health - which I'm hoping is fine!

Must admit, I'm fighting the "this can't still be benzo withdrawal - there's something wrong with my body" headspace at the moment.

Any reassurance is super welcome right now, BB!

I will reassure you that what you are going through is typical. For some folks, healing can take a ridiculously long time, even if one was on benzos for only a short time. It boggles the mind, it defies sensibility, but these drugs are very bad and nobody tells us how much damage they can truly inflict. We have to go go through it almost blind. I say almost because, here at BB, we DO KNOW the thruth about these drugs. So be patient, drop all expectations, and keep your chin up. You WILL get better........in time.  :thumbsup: