I think I'm paradoxical

[c5...]

[c5...]

I don't know where to post this.  I took a steroid 9 months ago and I'm still suffering.  Either it's still that or Paradoxical.

Everytime I take my dose and I'm tapering, I get worse. More anxiety and I feel very overstimulated. This goes on all day long but I settle down at night. 

If I was para would I settle down at night? 

Do I have to suffer through para all the way down to the end.  Does para get better the more you come down.  I can't cold turkey. 

Thanks,

Cappi

[c5...]

It does the opposite thing it's supposed to do like what I wrote.  I did not mean that rude.

However, I'm  still wding from a steroid so I don't know. 

Thanks for responding. 

Cappi

cappi,

I know what your talking about. And yes I believe it's very real that your experiencing a paradoxical reaction to the benzo.

My wife gets the same sxs after taking her benzo. Unfortunately it's a double edged sword. Your need to take the benzo to remain stable, yet it causes paradoxical symptoms.

Have you been on a benzo for a long time?

[c5...]

Hi Navita,

Yeah, pretty long time.  How does she do at night or how often does she dose?  Does it last ALL the time?

It's HORRIBLE.  I'm so sorry she is going through this too.  :smitten:

Cappi

Hi Navita,

Yeah, pretty long time.  How does she do at night or how often does she dose?  Does it last ALL the time?

It's HORRIBLE.  I'm so sorry she is going through this too.  :smitten:

Cappi

She only doses once per day, usually around noon-1pm. She is at 2mgs of Valium

Nighttime is the worst for her, but nothing like it was 4-5 years ago.

Strange thing is she’s pretty good in morning, right up to when she doses, then the sxs start to creep in.