Years off Benzos and 2 does of Ativan set me back

[mr...]

I had a difficult taper and W/D but had been Benzo free 7 years, After all that I took 2 does of Ativan and it set me back in W/D not as severe as before but bad enough, I wouldn't have believed this could happen after all this time. It's been 5 weeks since I took it but am still having symptoms. Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so how long did it take to recover?

wow - what a cautionary tale - i am so sorry to hear you are going through that but also a good warning to all of us that even years down the road - its not worth the risk of even a single tablet........  i will pray you heal very quickly and that its only a really short reminder of how tough withdrawal is

Sorry your going through this. When you withdrawal from benzos the brain is basically very sensitive and injured. When you reintroduce benzos to a brain previously injured from benzos, what can happen is called 'kindling'.  It means that the brain is now more sensitive to the drug than the first time you took it.

Benzos really do injure the brain. Take this as a lesson learned and never take that shit poison again.

I hope you pull through it soon.

I'm so sorry you had to suffer and hope it's short lived. But am so grateful you posted this, I'm struggling greatly right now with my last dose being a little over a month ago. I have more than a year's worth of meds left and so tempted to take a rescue dose to try to alleviate some of these insane symptoms that wax and wane, so needed to read this.

I am, for lack of a better word, in awe, of what these drugs have done to us...

I want to Thank You both for the support. I hope posting my experience helps someone else. I guess all I can do is hope for a speedy recovery, but who knows. I will definitely never touch them again.