Unhinged: The Trouble with Psychiatry

[Aj...]

Hi, before this tread gets going, I'd like to post this from our Rules and Guidelines.  It's OK to discuss this subject, as long as posts stay within our guidelines:

• [*]Whilst some of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, or the wider medical profession, and although we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down or mistreated in their personal medical care, you are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor or anti-psychiatry propaganda. Nor should you, unless you are posting a recommendation, name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our
Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments notice.

:smitten:

megan918

Administrator

[a5...]

Ajusta, this looks fascinating - great post! I'll definitely be looking into it.

I can also highly recommend A Mind of Your Own: The Truth About Depression and How Women Can Heal Their Bodies to Reclaim Their Lives by Kelly Brogan M.D.

Dr. Brogan is a psychiatrist who prescribed psych meds for many years. She increasingly came to believe that all the meds - benzo's, A/D's, etc. - are very harmful. She no longer prescribes psych drugs at all; instead, she uses dietary principles and other interventions to get her patients off all drugs and healthy again. Very useful book for all 'mental disorders' (not just depression), and those using or coming off psych drugs. Everything is scientifically backed up.

[60...]

Hi, before this tread gets going, I'd like to post this from our Rules and Guidelines.  It's OK to discuss this subject, as long as posts stay within our guidelines:

• Whilst some of our members report negative experiences with doctors, psychiatrists, or the wider medical profession, and although we do not wish to outlaw comments about how members feel let down or mistreated in their personal medical care, you are not permitted to use this community as a platform to spread general anti-doctor or anti-psychiatry propaganda. Nor should you, unless you are posting a recommendation, name those involved in your healthcare. For more about this policy, please read our Anti-doctor, Anti-psychiatrist and Anti-medicine Comments notice.

:smitten:
    megan918
    Administrator
All i read is a bunch of non-sense, what if Psychiatry itself is irredeemibly wrong and there is no such thing as "good" or "bad doctor?