Advise on getting off my dicalazepam taper?

[be...]

To sum up this long post, does anyone have any advise on when I should jump off this shit boat? Continue the 10% taper a week to .5mg or go for a CT after being at 1.8mg for a week.  Been using benzos this round since December.

My history with benzos: Came across RC Benzos Etizolam and c-lam and binged heavy for 3 weeks in September. Cold turkeyed it and went through crazy withdrawal for 3 days.

December decided I could handle etiz and c-lam knowing the consequences of overdoing it. That did not go well and about 2 weeks I was experiencing withdrawal again so I got myself on a diclazepam taper that started early January/late December. I prob should have just cold turkeyed that 2 week binge but now I’ve been taking the dicalazepam to avoid withdrawal.

It has been going somewhat good? @#$%& up a few weeks ago (End of January)  and did more c-lam and etiz for a few days to a week. Restarted my taper at 3mg, and threw all that other stuff away now.

I made a cut from 2.7mg to 2mg (normally would have been 3 week or more cut) and haven’t felt any noticeable wd from that “big” cut which I’ve been taking for a week or more. This Saturday I’ll stick to the 10% rule and cut to 1.8mg.

I don’t even feel the effects of the drug anymore at all. I take 1mg in morning and 1mg at night to avoid withdrawal. I haven’t missed any doses so I don’t know if withdrawal would start. Part of me feels like I could just cold turkey now but also realize 2mg is kind of high to cold turkey after being on it daily for a little over 2 months.

I have spring break from university coming up for 1 week beginning of March. I kind of want to rapid taper and cold turkey then. Is this a bad idea, or should I just continue my 10% cuts till it’s at .5mg (which would be at least another two months, if not more?) I feel like adding another month and a half of benzo use could be worse in the long run considering my semi-short use of them.

I’m honestly just sick of this shit and want it all thrown out and move on from this disaster that has ruined the last half year of my life. I also don’t wanna cut too fast as I have half a semester left of very challenging classes. A side note to that, even tho I’m not withdrawing my concentration is SHIT and I’m somewhat struggling this semester. Which is another reason I want off ASAP.

I’ve seen a psychiatrist and he said he couldn’t help me as it’d be to big of a liability since they are RC benzos. He suggested I keep tapering off the RC benzo lol. And I do also see a good therapist, who seems to be getting frustrated at my relapses I’ve been making (I sometimes drink too, which I know is a big no no). He’s a good therapist, best one I’ve had... it’s frustrating for both of us.

If anyone has any advise on this cut or my situation in general it’d be greatly appreciated.

If I was you I wouldn't rush the taper to fast as it could take you longer to recover. I've been there with both of them. Diclaplazem is hard to taper off due to its size and potency if you struggle maybe think of doing a liquid taper.  Avoid alcohol after you jump as I swapped one addiction for another.