Am I failure?? Reinstated Valium :(

[Lu...]

I was so happy so confident...I even posted my taper plan. I went from 20 mg of V in 9/17 to 7 mg on 2/17. I was doing amazing so I just went ahead and cut from 7 to 0 with my last dose being on valentines day. I also decided to just stop taking my Lunesta (2mg) I was ok...and then I got hit with the worst neck pain in the world... I went to the doctors 3 times in two days. I developed tinnitus. I couldn't take it. It seems as though my back and neck tightened up so bad that I got severe TMJ and developed tinnitus. I reinstated back to 2.5 mg V tonight. I couldn't take the ringing. I took 2.5 mg of valium and within two hours, I have slowly started to feel better. I am considering holding at 2.5 for a month and then going slowly and listening to my body. I was in a hurry because I had a job that required Top Secret clearance but I needed to be off this. And it looks like I'm going to turn down a dream job...I just can't do this that fast. Please tell me I'm not sabotaging all of my hard work... :'( :'( :'(

Also have I guaranteed myself to get kindling now? This is the first time I have tried to taper to zero.

Don't feel bad about tending to your body. I'm sorry for your worry and fear of loosing a dream job but your health is so much more important. I recently had to reinstate and I was hard on myself but what's done is done. Do what you need to feel healthy. Best!