Withdrawal? Tolerance? Updose? What now after cutting too fast?

[Di...]

Posted a  lot and hoping to get some experienced answers- long story short is 10 yrs various benzo- cut from 10mg diazepam over course of last year fairly easily- made over confident mistake of jumping at 1.5 mg- went into hell- this was October

Have tried to stabilize at 2.5mg hoping I could get to tolerable place then slowly taper but I am all over the place- some days ok, others waves of withdrawal that are very hard to take. I have no idea what is going on- it's been 5 months since I dropped then went back to 2.5.

I would give anything at this point just to be back where I was before I jumped too quick.

Is this withdrawal or did I become tolerant or totally screw myself forever by jumping too fast now my brain is desensitised? Should I updose more? which never seems like a good idea

Scared and confused- have no idea what is happening or what to do- all my Dr's useless as expected

I'm not all that experienced but...

I'm in a similar place Dinopass.  I jumped off 2mg Valium thinking it would be fine and doctors backed my decision.  I went into meltdown about two weeks later and had to reinstate.  I have not stabilised at 7 weeks and believe I was in tolerance, and probably had been for a long time when I look back.  Minor symptoms way back and which have now been totally amplified. 

Feared remaining in terrible tolerance state so cut by 12.5% three days ago.  It hurts bad, but I can't see any other way around it outside of slowing it down from hereonin, the 12.5% was probably too much. I just can't reinstate again.  I just can't. 

But then again, with this stuff who knows what the morrow brings!

Wishing you all of the very best.

Dee

Hi There Dinopass ~

I had similar experience with what is happening to you.  I cut way to fast and learned the hard way when I reached a small amount.  I had to updose a little bit and went on Lexapro to stabilize.  The anxiety was really bad for me.

I am doing so much better after a short time so will begin new taper probably next couple of weeks.  A SLOW taper!!!

Wish you well, and hope something works out for you.  I talked with my Dr and she helped me figure some things out about myself.

Hugs - Wolfie