Looking for insights/thoughts on current state

[de...]

Question about my mom: 

With Xanax, the usual has been very hard AMs that eased up over the day to relatively better PMs, so that she felt some relief in the evenings.   

Almost 3 weeks into Valium crossover (by then had added 10mg Valium to about 1mg Xanax), she noted that her mind felt almost "peaceful" in the AM (like around 4 AM), with the "awful" coming on within about 2 hours, lots of weeping and sad through the day, and then in the PM her mood not good like it used to be in the evenings.  Weeks 4-6 likewise, and she seems more angry in the evenings now. 

Adding the Valium has helped some with interdose w/d, eating, sleeping, but what's with the flip-flop, or reversal, or whatever, with the loop of misery?  Can anyone explain what might be going on? 

Hi Delta l am not sure however your mum could be having a reaction to valium.Some people find diazepam increases depression.I would sit with that dose to see if she improves at all.You will also find when you are holding the symptoms tend to change over time so it could be her symptoms just changing over time.

Thank you, Stut 55.  I did not realize that symptoms can change while holding, though now that you've pointed it out, of course, this wretched benzo w/d :tickedoff: