Adrenaline rush.

[Ba...]

When I doze off in the afternoon I get awoken by a awful adrenaline rush that makes it impossible to take a nap. I’m so shell shocked when this happens I’m afraid to even sit down because I might doze. Never had this before benzos. I used to love my afternoon nap after work. Just another thing benzos have stolen from me. Anybody else experiencing this to?

I had these a lot when trying to sleep in or when trying to nap. I haven't noticed them as much this past week, but I've had intense anxiety so maybe that's why. The anxiety is so bad I can't even relax enough to attempt it now (recent thing). It all sucks!

Yes it sucks. I used to be the most chill person I knew. Love to come home from work and have a bite to eat,kick back and take a little nap then maybe head out to the garage and poke around with a project or maybe even head into town with my wife to do a little shopping. All on hold til this bullshit passes. I’m standing here now in a state of anxiety and can’t even figure out what to do with myself. To anxious to sit still and to exhausted to do anything. I hate my doctor!!!!!!!

yeah i can relate except while attempting to sleep , my brain wanders off & plays old memories over in head , or even creates the weirdest dream ever. can’t wait until this part is over.

yeah i can relate except while attempting to sleep , my brain wanders off & plays old memories over in head , or even creates the weirdest dream ever. can’t wait until this part is over.

Wow! I see you are another short term user that got hit hard like me. When will doctors relize this crap is simply a poison. Benzos need to be banned from being prescribed. Only use I can see is a one time dose yo bring someone out of a seizure in a ER setting. Hope you recover soon.

The medical term is Toxic Nap :laugh:  it is very common in this crap journey but it will pass.  I used to get them a lot and now they are non existent.

[9e...]

adrenaline surges were the thing that finally took me to the hospital after all these horrible symptoms. i had NO idea what was going on when my first big one hit, i sincerely thought it was the end. big rushing weirdness rising through my chest, dizziness, nauseous, short of breath, an anxiety attack x10, but that crazy surge in my chest scared the hell out of me first time.

this whole thing has been a torture i couldnt have imiganed in my wildest dreams

Luke, what youdescribed sounds a lot like my panic attack. Ben and IKnow you were on the benzos such a short time. Does not seem right. I just followed my doctors orders and took my clonazepam like a good little girl ... for close to 27 years! Makes me feel bad for complaining. Good luck to both of you.

:smitten:

[9e...]

im sry to hear that lalasing, yep, ive had a few anxiety attacks that mirror the adrenaline surge experience.

so cruel that what we all were trying to get away from ,all these awful feelings, now hit us back 100 times stronger. ugh...

I still have something like this,  when I fall asleep on the couch, mosly late at night, I wake up and I feel crappy, little tinnitus (used to be so worse I could not sleep the next 2 hours) and feel a bit dizzy.