Please help with a titration plan for klonopin - starting at .25mg

[He...]

Can someone please help me with a titration plan?  I was hoping that I would be done with my tapering in the next few days, but I spoke with my doctor about my symptoms and she would like me to bump back up to .25mg per day where I wasn't experiencing bad sxs and then after stable do a more gradual reduction. 

I have a little bit of time because my first dose back on .25mg will be tonight, but I'd like to be prepared for when I need to start.  Unfortunately I have a good bit of traveling coming up out of state with my kids for their activities... how easy will it be to travel with the solution?

Thank you!!!

Hi,

So I also use liquid Klonopin for a daily micro taper. I often find myself in situations where I also question if I can take my solution with me.

I always end up deciding not to for one reason.

I don't want to get arrested.

I am not exactly sure how the situation would play out, but if I was pulled over and for SOME reason the officer decides to search my car and finds an unlabeled homemade solution with a controlled substance and an oral syringe, I dont think it would end well.

Even though I have a prescription for the medication I just don't see how an officer would "buy" my explanation. Maybe a judge would. But I wouldn't want it to get to that point. I am a pretty risk adverse person however and the chances of my vehicle being searched a very, very slim. But having a controlled substance without a proper script is no ticket, that's jail and sort out the mess later type of scenario.

Again, I'm not in law enforcement or anything related. Just risk adverse. If I had to bet money, id bet you'd be just fine.

I hadn’t considered that! That is something to consider.  I was thinking more along the lines of how well the liquid would travel.  Because I’m traveling by car to sports events I’ll have a cooler with Beverages for our trip and planned to put it there.  I haven’t been pulled over in 10 years - of course my luck could run out!

You don't say how you are making your liquid, but unless you are using milk, it is best kept at room temp  It's not perishable, and it won't spoil or lose potency.

But it will be fine in a cooler.  I would NOT put it in the coldest part.

Hi all - I’m still looking for help with a titration plan. I’d like to go the microtapering route using milk and will be starting at .25.

Thank you!

Bumping

Can someone please set up a plan for me?

Using milk, starting at .25 reducing 10% every 10 days.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thank you!

I'm starting my titration using Jim's template (thank you!) and referencing the help section.  I'm using whole milk and reducing at 10% every 10 days.  I'm measuring 100ml of milk into a graduated cylinder, pouring it into a glass container, adding .25mg of crushed klonopin to the glass container, adding the lid and shaking the mixture.  For the next couple of days, I plan on taking the .25mg dose in liquid and then start titrating.

I have a couple of questions:

How long should I wait after I've shaken the container before I remove and drink the required dose?

The help section says to drink directly from the syringe, but at the beginning of the taper I'm drinking most of the 100ml, so can I drink the correct amount from the glass container instead of the syringe?

Thank you!

Hi Heather43 :smitten:

The help section says to drink directly from the syringe

While this statement could be useful for small volumes, it is definitely not practical when the volume is large. I definitely recommend to drink the solution the way you feel comfortable with. I will update the help section to avoid confusion. Thanks for your input.